HW100K

Spent 3 hours this afternoon on the pheasant feeders. Between the two is 62 yards spot on . Shot the first two on the first feeder about 25 yards away. Went a quiet and after spending 3/4 hour with nothing , I decided to shoot from the first to the second which like I said 62 yards away. After 10 minutes the first one showed up, then they kept coming . 
All shot with HW100k.177 using 10.3gr pellet running @ 11.5 fpe  1/2 milldot hold under @25 yards & 2 milldot hold over @62 yards 

326BC7AA-98B3-46F9-9A72-BF32ACE7B716.jpeg

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Good shooting vm, if they’re the jsb’s, they are superb in my hw100 as well.?

These are the daystate equivalent and imo a touch more accurate after testing between the two , it could be just different batch or die as both are made by JSB

• Like 1
11 hours ago, villaman said:

These are the daystate equivalent and imo a touch more accurate after testing between the two , it could be just different batch or die as both are made by JSB

Yes it could be a different batch. I used to use the 8.4’s in my hw100 but when I was shooting at 50 yards I found that the 10.3’s had the edge and not much difference in drop either. Nothing to do with jsb, but I picked up a few thousand of old stock mixed h&n pellets from a local ironmongers/general store who’s winding down the business, although he’s been saying that for years. Anyway, the deal was too good to pass up. Amongst these are some tins of finale match and finale match high speed (the pistol version). These are spot on in the hw100 out to 25 yards, but they start to open up a bit at around 30 yards. Still within minute of squirrels head though at 35ish. I think they’re at least 20 years old, maybe more. I’m rambling on again now......??

4 hours ago, villaman said:

Imo H&N pellets are awful , never could get them to work in any of my guns , pcp or spring . H&N slugs are a different matter brilliant 

Well, don’t get me wrong, I think jsb’s are generally the best available, but I’ve found some of the h&n’s are ok. Like the finale match for example, not a long range pellet, but my hw100 will shoot them pellet on pellet at 25 yards. FTT’s are good in some of my guns as well. I haven’t used any pellets other than jsb in my fx, the reason is that they’re so good in that gun, there’s no point trying anything else.

6 hours ago, villaman said:

Imo H&N pellets are awful , never could get them to work in any of my guns , pcp or spring . H&N slugs are a different matter brilliant 

I never had any success with H&N pellets either Mitch, just thought it was me.

Phil

• Like 1