Bit of advice really

Personally,...I love a boisterous , full of life pup, over a quiet and (seemingly?) sensible jukel....

I much prefer, the type of animal that possesses a bold, and confident temperament...

Our game,..is frequently a difficult and frustrating business,.. and I am of a mind that one can ALWAYS calm a keen and active young dog down, but its rare that you can ever put prey drive, courage and boldness, into a lack-lustre tyke...

Give me a bad boy,... any day....?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 7

33 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

do you want to lower protein on a growing pup shaark ?

Not really, Magoo.  But if it's on maybe a few percent too much, 'perhaps' that's why the pup is a bit 'hyper'?

And I don't believe a really high protein percentage is as advantageous as people are lead to believe.

Just a suggestion anyway.  ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Not really, Magoo.  But if it's on maybe a few percent too much, 'perhaps' that's why the pup is a bit 'hyper'?

And I don't believe a really high protein percentage is as advantageous as people are lead to believe.

Just a suggestion anyway.  ?

2 much bounce 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Its just doing what pups do. It will grow up and get steadier. Meanwhile just do things with it. These are vital times. Dont take the pup out for a walk, take it out for a play. Surprise the dog with a game when its not expecting one get it facinated with you. Dont encourage it to go of and play with other dogs or the habit will get set and this is what he will train himself to do. Put the mobile away and concentrate on the dog and be one step ahead. Getting a play retreive is vital at this time. Using a ball to start with will do no harm. I used a thrower many years ago but overdid it and if I wanted to do other things and somebody else was around with a thrower and the dog saw them it immediatly thought ball. Dont go overboard with hard correction at this time rather concentrate on games. If the doge is receptive to it the more physical the better but you always leave the dog wanting more and you always decide when it will stop. It will come right.   

• Like 1