My first Roe Doe

Hi thought i'd tell you about my first deer stalking trip!!

Travelled across scotland before lunch and met Lee Robb (shooting guide)at the b&b i was booked into. Soon after we jumped in his 4x4 and sped off to a farm that he had spotted deer on as he came to meet me.

When we arrived at the farm we spotted 3 roe does close to the edge of a field of rape some 300+yds away. Lee gave me a few ideas about where i should stalk to get close enough for a shot. So following his directions and being as quiet as i could i set off to stalk my first roe deer! After creeping down the side of the wood to a shallow ditch, i crept along keeping low and quiet. Keeping an eye on the deer through my binos i slithered along the ditch until i had got as close as i could to the deer across the field. After settling down behind a few rushes i ranged the deer with the laser rangefinder. At this time the 3 deer were feeding and looking around the field, unaware that i was watching them. I lay down and settled into the prone position, looking through the scope to decide which of the 3 deer to take.

One of the deer was stood side on in front of a good backstop for the bullet. The other two were stood next to each other, so no shot at them.

After steadying my heart beat (after the stalk) i aimed just behind the shoulder of the deer and took the shot.

The deer fell sideways onto the side of the field near the fence and after a few kicks lay still!!! Needless to say the other 2 deer legged it-quick!!!

Am chuffed to bits! After a 200+yd stalk and a 180yd shot i had my first deer!!

ATB

Daz

post-13646-1200612605_thumb.jpg

Edited by russian sniper

Well done to you & hope many more come.From sounds you stalked your self into the roe & was it just recently you shot the doe.Hay foxy i dont see your name in the english roe review when you going to shoot a gold your out enough to justify it. :tongue2:

Well done to you & hope many more come.From sounds you stalked your self into the roe & was it just recently you shot the doe.Hay foxy i dont see your name in the english roe review when you going to shoot a gold your out enough to justify it. :tongue2:

Hi mate, never going to get one round here mate and not prepared to pay £1k to get one either.

Still waiting for that invite though to shoot a Scottish Gold :tongue2::tongue2::boogie: :kiss: