Gave my mate Arry a call, and got out for the day. I had some sloes in mind as wanted to knock up some gin for Christmas, we found plenty and I received some education on finding and recognising fungi , had chanterelles , field mushroom and hen of the woods and some bonus wild plums , in stunning scenery, along with the busher having a day of flushing pheasants. All in all a great day in great company , cheers Arry. 

Pic heavy...

IMG_20211011_105748939.jpg

IMG_20211011_105745931.jpg

Edited by Borr
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Stockpot said:

My kind of post this. Walking the woods and hedgerows on a nice day at this time of year with a good stick and a dog at heel (sometimes!) is food for the soul. 

Lol broke me thumb stick I have had for years. I've got more but liked that one was all polished up by my thumb.

Yea your right great to be out and come back with a bit of natures larder.

Cheers Arry

23 hours ago, Stockpot said:

I get attached to a good stick. Nothing fancy, just sticks I cut from the hedge, but if I find a stick that feels right in the hand then I tend to favour that stick for as long as it lasts, but I usually manage to bust 'em somehow.

I've been following hounds today, no dogs cos I've got one with kennel cough, took my thumbstick for the first time in ages, enjoyed it  ?

Cheers, D.

Got out again today with Arry, chuffed I got myself a nice blackthorn thumb stick, although it was described as a dogs hind leg , bit of jealousy I reckon. Had a bumper haul of mushroom, horse , bollete , Chanterelles and an oyster mushroom. Filled the basket and a carrier bag, could have filled them both again . Lovely weather, good company. ?

IMG_20211021_145419181_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211021_145424145_HDR.jpg

• Thanks 1