FAC application, some help and advice please

On 14/05/2022 at 14:13, Sausagedog said:

Never bought one, I fix them myself.

It doesn't matter what you do with a factory trigger, it will never be as good as a quality aftermarket trigger. I suppose it all depends on what you are willing to accept, personally i want the best trigger i can get for my rifle. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I may live to regret this but i hope not. If it helps you, you are welcome to come over here (south of Preston) and i will take you to one of my places. I will run through the safety aspects and set u

I thought I was a bit over dressed at the last .223 convention ?

Just a quick update to say that my FAC landed today ?. All calibres which I applied for have been granted so it’s time to go shopping ?. I would also like to thank everyone for your help and

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, ianm said:

It doesn't matter what you do with a factory trigger, it will never be as good as a quality aftermarket trigger. I suppose it all depends on what you are willing to accept, personally i want the best trigger i can get for my rifle. 

Oh, I see, well I don't think I'd know what to do with the extra quality I guess. After all my last Remington xpro nonsense of a 7lb trigger I got to a 1&3/4lb glass rod breaking trigger that was totally safe.

All my Winchesters ended up creep free. Tikka, cz's, bsa's. Savage, Marlin's and dozens of airguns.

I guess it's how much of an engineer you are over just a consumer ?‍♂️ oh, and what you are willing to believe!

1 minute ago, Stavross said:

I thought the triggers on my tikka’s were good from factory, that’s until I had a play with a Blaser R8 at the show, still not 5 grand good though 

Tikka triggers have a good range of adjustment and they have a very good sear arrangement whish means one only has to replace the adjusters spring to get a lighter range of adjustment.

Usually creep free.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Oh, I see, well I don't think I'd know what to do with the extra quality I guess. After all my last Remington xpro nonsense of a 7lb trigger I got to a 1&3/4lb glass rod breaking trigger that was totally safe.

All my Winchesters ended up creep free. Tikka, cz's, bsa's. Savage, Marlin's and dozens of airguns.

I guess it's how much of an engineer you are over just a consumer ?‍♂️ oh, and what you are willing to believe!

You don't need the extra quality on a hmr so you should be ok.

Oh and what i believe is what the chattilon gauge reads and on my set triggers that is 8oz. 

2 hours ago, Stavross said:

I thought the triggers on my tikka’s were good from factory, that’s until I had a play with a Blaser R8 at the show, still not 5 grand good though 

Mate the triggers on tikkas aren't good unless it is the factory set trigger, but they are good in comparison to most other offerings.

13 hours ago, ianm said:

You don't need the extra quality on a hmr so you should be ok.

Oh and what i believe is what the chattilon gauge reads and on my set triggers that is 8oz

Each to their own but that is too light for me for field work!

On 14/05/2022 at 07:32, Sausagedog said:

How do you find the trigger on the 700?

It’s HEAVY, I know that the stock trigger can be lightened having seen a couple of YouTube videos but it’s probably something beyond my capabilities!.

Up to date I’ve just been testing different brands/weights of ammo and although  it’s a heavy trigger the gun is shooting around 1 moa which I’m happy to use out in the field , I might at some point take it to a gunsmith to either lighten it or go for an upgrade.

My gun is the VSSF MK1 model which I believe they stopped producing in the late 90s/early2000s so I’m not entirely sure which trigger it has ???.

I have just taken the action out of the stock and the trigger unit still looks to have the original glue covering the screws which besides needing a good clean looks like it’s never been touched.

Some photos below.

DFC35C74-37EC-411F-B41C-38D904D70024.jpeg

B30DD35D-5A53-403A-B68A-3DA47CADE310.jpeg

ADF9A5CD-E932-4A62-B7F6-10D96817567D.jpeg

• Like 2