Base NV90 night vision

2 minutes ago, villaman said:

If  niteshit works then all addons should , specially as  niteshit are shit no wonder they went bust with the shed build nv units  ???

BUT THEY WORK MITCH DESPITE THE FACT YOU DON'T LIKE THEM ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

45mm but the details are here DB  

Last night my buddy and myself went to try the 007a as the 007s was going to be a wish list product BUT we found the unit was anything but ideal with sharp centre image which was about 20% of the scre

John Wayne shooting from the hip ?

Posted Images

On 02/10/2021 at 17:56, philpot said:

Just seen footage on FB N8vision wher a guy has put his first vid using the NV90 Mitch, bloody good mate, if we had got that, an order for two more would have gone straight in to Optics Warehouse,  I agree I do think it was a duff one. Fingers crossed that the replacement will be okay as this is going back on Monday but I think they are out of stock at the moment.

Phil

Any luck Phil with getting another one ?

22 hours ago, villaman said:

Any luck Phil with getting another one ?

Yes Mitch, my buddy got an email advising the unit was being sent on Friday so perhaps today or Monday so I will advise the outcome as soon as we have tested it, not holding my breath.  My pal has ordered the new Pard 007s which should be here is about 10 days and I confess looking at the video, it looks spot on but as with all things, we will see.

Phil

• Like 1

The replacement is due today so with luck we will test tonight.  I must say however, Base have got one thing right, the superb spacer shims, 7 sets of various thicknesses which companies such as Pard could supply at such a low cost because to make up the scope diameter with tape is a bit heath robinson to say the least.  Might be worth letting a guy have a look at them to see if he can produce them on his 3D printer.

Phil

We had a prototype of this model 13 month ago, we advised some improvements, although we later decided not to sell these. Yes there cheap, but a Pard NV007A is a vastly better unit in terms of software, eye display and image, the Pard NV007A in terms of night vision is very cheap to start with, save a little more, as you will probably only end up doing it further down the line if not..

3 hours ago, Blackwood Outdoors said:

We had a prototype of this model 13 month ago, we advised some improvements, although we later decided not to sell these. Yes there cheap, but a Pard NV007A is a vastly better unit in terms of software, eye display and image, the Pard NV007A in terms of night vision is very cheap to start with, save a little more, as you will probably only end up doing it further down the line if not..

I completely see where you are coming from Ian.  The replacement arrived today so we popped it on my Impact with an Airmax Compact scope and there was a big improvement over the first unit BUT the first unit was so bad, anything would be better.  Daylight colour is almost none coloured, not quite B&W but not far off.    Once the NV90 was on the scope  mount and clicked into it's locked position, it moves so not a good start.  

My buddy is not really interested in keeping it as Ian says it is not in the same league as his Pard units and he has the new 007s on order but to be fair, we are taking it on the rabbits tonight to check out it's NV performance of which I will advise later tonight as I doubt we will be out long ?

Phil

Right final part to this little saga.

We found that the better performnce was when we fitted the NV90 to my Hawke W/A s/f Vantage 4-16 x 50 fitted to my Tikka rimfire and the weaker  being the Airmax Compact fitted on my Impact although there was little difference between any of them so we decided to go to a busy rabbit perm  with the Impact/Airmax where there can be quite a number of bunnies to be found from 30mt out to 120mt.

At 25 - 30mt, the image quality is not bad but extend it or increase magnifiction of the scope and the quality drops very quickly.  This replacememnt unit certainly better than the first but any quarry over the magic 30mt became very soft with low contrast making it tricky to really see anything other than eye shine.

Needless to say the unit is going back and I am disppointed it did not perform nd now look forward to testing the 007s when it arrives although I suspect I will not want to give it back.

The end

Phil

1 hour ago, villaman said:

Phil the pard 007 is not as good as the original one unless to fit a aftermarket ir !!!

I believe my pal is going to use his tracer after testing an 007a  last week which he was going to buy until he heard about the 007s. He uses an 008lrf most of the time but wanted the 007 to switch around instead of changing the 008. Having a seperate IR is not an issue as the trcer is both small and lightweight with a good range. 

Better charge up my Nitesite units Mitch ??

Phil

• Haha 1