Last Minute!

Well, I was bored yesterday so picked up my HW95 .177 a tin of pellets and went out to a permission near me. Didn’t see much at all, not one rabbit, but as I walked the permission thinking it’s time to go home I noticed a young oak tree which had 5 squizzers after the acorns on the upper most foliage.

So I sat down against a fence post in the shade in a normal t-shirt, camo trousers, camo hat & gloves, set my shooting tripod up and loaded the 95, I was about 30+ yards away I’d say, never even had my rangefinder with me. Anyway shot the first squizzer, a youngster, stone dead head shot, the others started chattering at me making loads of noise but never left the tree, 5 mins later one came into view shouting at me, squizzer number 2 down, off the others went again making loads of noise but staying put. This repeated itself until I’d shot all 5, the 95 was lethal and the .177 Air Arms where knocking them clean dead, all head shots.

Not the biggest bag, still never saw a rabbit but I thoroughly enjoyed it, and again it made it more satisfying that I’d shot them with a springer…

• Like 7

Cant beat a good springer, been to the range with my prosport tonight an its awesome. Took my hw95 out other morning but didnt see feck all.. only a deer. No rabbits about and cant see squirrels or pigeons for all the leaf cover .. Trees are starting to drop there leaves round by me but its still going to be a few weeks before its even worth going hunting. UP THE SPRINGERS 

20210816_173119.jpg

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, SKoT wolf said:

Cant beat a good springer, been to the range with my prosport tonight an its awesome. Took my hw95 out other morning but didnt see feck all.. only a deer. No rabbits about and cant see squirrels or pigeons for all the leaf cover .. Trees are starting to drop there leaves round by me but its still going to be a few weeks before its even worth going hunting. UP THE SPRINGERS 

20210816_173119.jpg

Nice looking rifles….

I’ve got the 95K in .177, and the 97K in .22, both Vortek tuned, cracking rifles to shoot.

10 minutes ago, Gaoler said:

Nice looking rifles….

I’ve got the 95K in .177, and the 97K in .22, both Vortek tuned, cracking rifles to shoot.

Hw95 full length SFS 177

Pro sport left hand walnut 177

Hw110 laminate 177

R lass has got ULTRA CLX .22 beech

Think my mext rifles going to be a air arms s510 R laminate in..22 ??

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...