Favorite Ballistic programs?

Just curious what everyone prefers ? For me it's Strelok+ think it was less than $5 off the app store and does about everything I want. Lots of ways to input info , option of tables, angles , of ect. Even adjusts your hold over depending on your scopes magnification if your using a SFP scope.

Screenshot_20210801-005126.png.4516df129e7ca299abf5fb2a3e31842c.pngScreenshot_20210801-005141.png.fc37c45439c00e123adfae4a058ddf0d.pngScreenshot_20210801-005157.png.90c686e199455bdd1bc62693d96e85d7.pngScreenshot_20210801-005208.png.e49cbf3263e38ad337671a6cfdfddcf7.png

Just curious what everyone else likes

Just speaking for myself Wolf dog , I don’t use anything like that . All my shooting is “straight at it “ . Mostly at night , but sometimes in daylight. I’m limited at night to the distance I can use my digisight, which is about 250meters absolute max , but most often a lot less . My daytime shooting tends to be me stumbling on a fox and having to be quick, by the time I’d taken a wind reading and used a rangefinder, then input the data , then wound the turrets , the fox would probably be in the next field or county. But I can see that in some situations I would like to be able to shoot a lot further. It’s something that I aspire to in the future. I’m relatively new to reloading and I have already started to push the distance I’m shooting , I’ve got the “bug” , so I’m interested in your app . 

• Like 2
On 03/08/2021 at 07:20, shovel leaner said:

It’s something that I aspire to in the future. I’m relatively new to reloading and I have already started to push the distance I’m shooting , I’ve got the “bug” , so I’m interested in your app . 

My mate used to be right into long range shooting but you need deep pockets to do it justice. You need a custom built rifle for starters and top end scope. Then you must home load and need good range finding binoculars plus kestrel wind meter. I used to love watching him shoot it was a delight. He had a 1inch group at 500 yds.  Furthest shot I saw him pull off was 1020 yd red hind in Scotland.  Used to shoot rabbits and hares all the time at between 500 and 800 yards. If we were out and spotted a roe instead of stalking in closer we would stalk further away ?

22 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

My mate used to be right into long range shooting but you need deep pockets to do it justice. You need a custom built rifle for starters and top end scope. Then you must home load and need good range finding binoculars plus kestrel wind meter. I used to love watching him shoot it was a delight. He had a 1inch group at 500 yds.  Furthest shot I saw him pull off was 1020 yd red hind in Scotland.  Used to shoot rabbits and hares all the time at between 500 and 800 yards. If we were out and spotted a roe instead of stalking in closer we would stalk further away ?

That is some shooting. I take my hat off to him . 

1 minute ago, shovel leaner said:

That is some shooting. I take my hat off to him . 

I miss those days dialing in. I remember we were in Scotland on the goats and he shot a goat at 500 yds so I said give me a go as there was others still standing.  I dropped a 2nd one at 500 yds,  great feeling. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

With the quality of rifles coming out now days I really don't feel like you need anything "custom" for most long range work. Lot of guys are doing it for under $1000 . Getting good good glass is the thing. But theirs actually a ton of scopes now days that are doing what used to cost $1500 for less then $500. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...