Jump to content

Round Conibears for squirrels


Recommended Posts

I bought some a few years back they killed Rabbits well enough  and their shape helps in some situations but  the the  116  / 110 are very versatile  and can adapt to most situations, a good trap but i think people go a little Coat blind when they see them .

Link to post

1 hour ago, OldPhil said:

I reckon a new improved version, with thicker metal frame and a good strong spring, might be ideal🤔

If I was still trapping Mink and suchlike, I would prefer a trap a tad chunkier than the standard 110 size,..such a device will kill them, obviously,..but I just like to see a neater, cleaner dispatch.

This is WHY I requested that BMI made me a sightly larger version of the 110 and we created, the 116...

 Basically, it was to satisfy the Ministry of Ag , Defra, etc, who could not get their silly heads around anything, other than, the Fenn Mk4 and Fenn Mk6🙄

Their insistence on wanting two separate traps was a right fecking pain, but they had to be obeyed, or my company would never have survived..

I am not quite sure how the Circular Body grippers stand legally in the UK...🤔

Leaving legalities aside, the round traps ain't got the same power, as BMI, Belisle etc. But it's more that dalm trigger mechanism. One notch, that can be hard set, or keep set, and then, it never seems to sit right. Always seems to lie somewhat in or out. Yea I'm sure you can modify to improve, but you shouldn't have to do that. 

 On a plus side, yea they fit nicely inside a pipe. A pipe makes an excellent tunnel. So it gets a thumbs up for that aspect.

  • Like 1
Link to post

I have not found a pipe that they fit in properly yet, 6 inch is too big 4 inch too small ,  I thought they were not legal for squizzies over here, could someone put me write on this please?

 

Link to post
3 hours ago, myersbg said:

I have not found a pipe that they fit in properly yet, 6 inch is too big 4 inch too small ,  I thought they were not legal for squizzies over here, could someone put me write on this please?

 

I have a bolt on mine. Stick through a hole in plastic pipe, and wing nut to hold it solid. 

As regards legality. If its not on STAO it ain't legal I suppose. 

You could argue that the small ones are rat traps, but that's a risk the individual has to take. I'd rather not personally.

20210718_145251.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
5 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

I have a bolt on mine. Stick through a hole in plastic pipe, and wing nut to hold it solid. 

As regards legality. If its not on STAO it ain't legal I suppose. 

You could argue that the small ones are rat traps, but that's a risk the individual has to take. I'd rather not personally.

20210718_145251.jpg

See we have been here before an I had some on order an got an email asking me to confirm me order an pantsed it 😂 cancelled them, it was only 10 small ones to try for me own curiousity but fcuk playing with the law on it for the sake of a rat I can catch 55. Deffo look the part tho don’t they 😂

Link to post
58 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

See we have been here before an I had some on order an got an email asking me to confirm me order an pantsed it 😂 cancelled them - fcuk playing with the law.

Katch; Look at the law: Import and possession is not a crime. Not in UK. Not that I know of?

index.jpg.7c364fe66d03f7489549a665a5e4ec48.jpg

 

  • Like 1
Link to post

.... Someone needs to explain this law deal. I'm still used to stuff being legal dude to size. Like you can only use say 110's-160 on dry land or similar. Are y'all saying each and every trap has to be reviewed then legalized?  

  • Like 1
Link to post
4 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

.... Someone needs to explain this law deal. I'm still used to stuff being legal dude to size. Like you can only use say 110's-160 on dry land or similar. Are y'all saying each and every trap has to be reviewed then legalized?  

Yup!!

Link to post
On 17/07/2021 at 08:06, tilimangro said:

I’ve just ordered some to play with 

they look like they have place in a trappers tool box

Where did you order from and how much per trap mate 

Link to post
11 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I’d also like to know what’s legal to import an use without having some rabid rat lover putting pics all over fb 😂

All legal if you don’t get caught lol 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...