Hi I purchased what I thought was a cocker spaniel which is actually a cockerdale. The breeder refused to have him back even though she clearly mis sold him. I have no idea what he will grow to but what also bothers me is my son and I are allergic to short haired dogs. I also have a 10 year old spaniel who is a bit of a plodder so I don't know how compatible they will be now I k ow he's not a spaniel. We have bonded with him so it's a super tough decision. Any advice or help would be welcomed. Thank you.

You say "what you thought" was it advertised as such? Loads of avenues to pursue, dependant on the situation. 

Best thing if you want to get your money back would be to hassle the seller in as many legal ways as possible.

If you've bonded with the dog and are wanting to keep it, then suck it up at put your energies into making it work.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Should be a cracking little cross. You may get lucky with it’s coat as generally cockers are long hair. Can’t say I’ve ever heard of an allergy like this but hey ho you learn every day. One thing is for sure, you are going to be kept busy if you keep it good luck. Jok.

Thank you yes he was advertised a full cockerspaniel and certainly cost what you would expect to spend. The breeder alleges she did not learn about the patterdale element of the stud until after we bought him. Its a closed matter with her and I'm not the sort of person to go down the small claims route. I know she is moving house asap so will be difficult to locate her anyway. How much of a problem is the shedding/moulding and how big do they get? 

But surely if you where paying top dollar for Cocker Spaniel you asked to see  the bitches pedigree ? or Kc papers ? .The fact there where none was your time to step away but by then most breeders are banking your hooked seeing a cute litter of puppies 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 29/06/2021 at 10:05, Kate1999 said:

Thank you yes he was advertised a full cockerspaniel and certainly cost what you would expect to spend. The breeder alleges she did not learn about the patterdale element of the stud until after we bought him. Its a closed matter with her and I'm not the sort of person to go down the small claims route. I know she is moving house asap so will be difficult to locate her anyway. How much of a problem is the shedding/moulding and how big do they get? 

I've been in this situation with a bedy whippet, I see so called both parents a bedy whippet bitch and whippet dog and see pics of them tied but the breeder forgot to say a Patterdale had also tied with the bitch few days after the whippet had so some pups was bedy whippet others bedy whippet x Patterdale,  I wasn't to happy at first but I payed my cash and once I buy a pup it stays with me no matter and to be honest she's turned out one of the best dogs I've had ,great worker and joy to have around the home .

The x you got not going to be big and I don't think you have much problems with hair loss and its all part of keeping dogs . Think your pup will turn into a nice type and give you lots of joy so enjoy your pup ?