Who needs slugs

As most of you know , I shoot slugs in both of my FAC air .22&.25 . Well to day thought I might go back to shooting pellets in 22 18 gr  , as I have a difficult permission for slugs , .22 H&N 21gr slugs alway pass through 

so went down to my range , but out side , so I could try these 18 gr out to 100 yards . Without altering any settings it’s bang on at 45 yards same as slugs . Went out to 100 yards and even in the wind , a very tight group  about 20 mm . 
who said pellet can’t be shot at high speed  are completely wrong , these 18 gr are close on 1000 FPS ,998fps

From now on I will be 18 gr in my FX crown .22 FAC 

most of these rabbits were shot at 70-75 yards  , but had a few @ 100 yards and  few under 50 yards  , not one pellet passed through 

3FD31E63-B08C-4F43-9B64-707AB0CFB278.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nice haul Mitch?
slugs are all very well but there bloody dangerous for ricochets, there’s always livestock about where I go which kind of defies why I use an airgun most of the time... the 34grn mk2’s are unbelievable but I might start using the lighter ones and drop the power 

Yerr, the 18 grain are brilliant. I use them in my impact most of the time. They seem to dump their energy pretty well, I’ve shot woodpigeons with no exit. I usually run them at around 35ft lbs although I know they work at 40.?

Have you tried .22 RS at fac levels? I was thinking about trying some at around 850fps/22 ish ft lbs to see how they perform. Might be good for shooting squirrels on feeders?

2 hours ago, si brown said:

Nice haul Mitch?
slugs are all very well but there bloody dangerous for ricochets, there’s always livestock about where I go which kind of defies why I use an airgun most of the time... the 34grn mk2’s are unbelievable but I might start using the lighter ones and drop the power 

Even shooting the 18gr at 39.4 ftlbs don’t seem to get pass through on them .

Going down to my range this afternoon and going back to .25 25.4 gr pellet in the impact  and see what speed ,distance & accuracy I can get these to work at 

1 hour ago, Dervburner said:

Yerr, the 18 grain are brilliant. I use them in my impact most of the time. They seem to dump their energy pretty well, I’ve shot woodpigeons with no exit. I usually run them at around 35ft lbs although I know they work at 40.?

Have you tried .22 RS at fac levels? I was thinking about trying some at around 850fps/22 ish ft lbs to see how they perform. Might be good for shooting squirrels on feeders?

Yes I have and 16 gr but may as well use .177 sub 12 ??

These new .25 ZAN slugs are brilliant 

shooting them yesterday and might be the answer in the hunting field , as the fragment on impact . I will try and get a few pic up later .

This pic shows 33gr at 100 yards in the wind yesterday 

34B268F5-D476-46CF-B09C-E7194D0A9EF3.jpeg

057365FC-A0C4-4D55-8571-05AAC8DDDC80.jpeg

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, villaman said:

Yes I have and 16 gr but may as well use .177 sub 12 ??

I’ve used the 16 grain and they were good, run back to back with 18’s it was obvious how much harder the 18’s were hitting though. Regarding the rs, what speed have you tried them at and we’re they accurate? I know they’re only 13.something grain but I was interested in how they might perform. I understand what you’re say about .177 though?