hobs that don't com back

had a ratting ferreting job a few days ago. the rats had there hide out under a container a fire wood storage and a caravan(with loads of storage put underneath)  all put next to each other. i worked the place with my 2 terriers and 6 micro/mid  hob ferrets(weight 500 to 700grams). but because the rats had so much narrow crawl through hide outs to go from one cover to the next without any chance of my dogs to grab one. 2 of my hobs stayed under ground so long that i got worried that they might had walked away. non of the methods that i normaly use to get my ferrets back seemed to work so i was getting quite desparate. i than got an idea. i also had some micro jills with me ...... the jills where still in season a bit so i put an mk3 collar on one  of them and added a line to the collar. i let the jill walk into different entrances under the container a small way in and it wasn't long before i found the right entrance. a quekering (dont think propper english, but hope you understand the sound) of the ferrets came  out of the tunnel. and with the rope i could pull out the jill with a hob a here neck. and afer that i did the same trick again with suces at the same entrance. i still don't know why  these 2 hobs stayed under so long. they might have fallen asleep they might have been working/digging there way to some young rats. who knows.  but i did get them back. 

• Like 2

When you feed your ferrets what I do is make the bop bop noise before feeding them I have found this to work when I take mine out and they don’t want to come out. I have being very lucky to have not lost a ferret yet. I am dreading the day I have to dig for a ferret as a lot of the ground I work is very hard clay and rock , and also I wouldn’t know where to start if they don’t come out from under a shipping container.  

• Like 1
On 09/05/2021 at 03:15, W. Katchum said:

How long are we talking underground? Sounds like you decent ferrets, send em over here an I’ll dig to them an rabbits all day long ?

If you don't mind digging you'd love my hob ferret , not much bigger than a jill but he's a fuxker for killing , I had him for bolting to the hawks but they don't get chance bolt , if they wait 1 second next to hole he's on them and there dead , lol good strong worker and never realy gets tierd,  put him in some realy big sets alone and he never fails to empty them.its just no one wants use him when we go flying ?

• Like 3

I think i would of used traps there to dodgy for ferreting , the playing fields here  have loads of the large  metal container round there shed and the rabbits are under them they keep asking but theres no way im putting a ferret under them if they stick its a waiting job only a large forklift can lift them  

• Like 1

i use my ferrets mainly for my work as a biological rat hunter and i would not have much work if i would not even let them under containers and stuff like that. i also have to work without a ferret finder most of the time because the locators are to big most of the times for the small rat burrows and passages. 

On 09/05/2021 at 02:21, Guss33 said:

When you feed your ferrets what I do is make the bop bop noise before feeding them I have found this to work when I take mine out and they don’t want to come out. I have being very lucky to have not lost a ferret yet. I am dreading the day I have to dig for a ferret as a lot of the ground I work is very hard clay and rock , and also I wouldn’t know where to start if they don’t come out from under a shipping container.  

i alway rinkle with my keys when i feed them and use this sound to get the ferrets back. but this time it didn't work.

I call mine with the bop bop noise when I feed them. If you watch a few of sir bless videos he also does a similar thing it’s amazing on what you can pick up by watching some of these videos their is also another one by Simon whitehead called bring back the JCB where he locates his ferret at some crazy depth and bring in a front end loader it’s on YouTube the things people do to get a ferret. I have done quite a few shipping containers and rock gardens and so far been very lucky. 

• Like 1

Look up on you tube Doug Craig you can learn bits and pieces from him and the other one is Simon whitehead he is the other one with a lot of videos brink back the JCB. When it comes to sending links I have no idea.  Hope you find them. 

• Like 1