fox cage trap

mine were purpose bought, but a simple design.........

DSCF1077.jpg

DSCF1078.jpg

DSCF1082.jpg

trigger...........

DSCF1079.jpg

DSCF1083.jpg

note the grooves for the door to slide into

DSCF1081.jpg

and yer sunday chicken hangs here...........

sorry for pics ditch, i'm at work and admin rights deny me to install easy fookes.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Ever caught any in it, Donks? And, if so; How do / would ye despatch, mate?

This has to be the most eternal question for any pestie not in posession of a .410 I've ever come across.

I'm not a fan of the 'sliding door' - its slooooooow.

I like the simple type as used by MAFF for badgers. I demonstrated a really good fold up type trap on the Paragon/NGO stand at the Midland three years ago. For a trigger, use garden string in a 'coathanger' type shape. Whichever way the target pulls or pushes the string, the door drops with the locking door close behind.

Dispatch should be with .22R/F or .410 shotgun.

Next time I'm down 'home' I'll try and get a picture of the trap and trigger. Its simple, effective and cheap. No springs to wear out, and a fast, secure action.

Edlington traps sell two excellent fox cage traps; rural and urban, same design different size and cheaper. Works on the treadle, rod and gravity door principle (squirrel trap just ten times the size)

If you catch a fox and don't have a gun it is not illegal to "relocate" assuming it is healthy and not mangey. Make sure you get the new landowner's permission first of course. The local hunt will apreciate the sport.