MTC Mamba Pro Scopes?

Eyup all,

I want to treat myself to a quality new scope for the HW95K .177 (just returned from AGRTuning), never had MTC optics, will the Mamba Pro2, 3-18X50 IR-SCB2 Reticle be suitable for hunting, and in low light?

Cheers...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gaoler said:

Eyup all,

I want to treat myself to a quality new scope for the HW95K .177 (just returned from AGRTuning), never had MTC optics, will the Mamba Pro2, 3-18X50 IR-SCB2 Reticle be suitable for hunting, and in low light?

Cheers...

Be fine mate. Proper fine. Big old 50 mil lens up front with IR... I’m wondering now if your post is being sarcastic ?

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Gaoler said:

What are peoples thoughts on the below scope:

Sightron S-TAC 3-16x42 SFP Duplex SF Non IR Rifle Scope - Optics Warehouse.

Sorry for the bold writing, didn’t know how to shrink it!

Should be a good scope and retails at about £500 but I think they’re on offer. If it doesn’t have mill dots that’s something to consider, otherwise I believe they’re good but I’ve never used one myself.

• Like 1

£340 at Optics Warehouse (on offer), that's with a Duplex reticle, £35 more for the MOA 2 reticle, interestingly some reviews say choose the Duplex over the MOA 2 reticle, as the later can disappear into the background at low light times!

It will be for my HW95K for hunting.

• Like 1

I would not jump into buying another MTC scope as all the ones I have owned do not do so well in fading light in fact the Hawke scopes have out performed MTC in this area on every model and the other thing is that MTC have a strange 'white out' in changing light conditions which on my 5 Hawke scopes has not happened once but did on all the MTC scopes.  

Phil