Caravan park foxes

Monday night i had no intentions of going foxing. I had been watching a series on netflix for a couple of nights with Mrs M. However at eight fifteen she suddenly declares that she wants to watch some other program or other. I said fair enough, i will go out then. As i usually do i rang my mate to see if he fancied going and as always he said yes. Now i knew there was a fox knocking about around the small holding of the caravan parks owner. I also knew it was around nine forty five so i thought i would start there. The entrance to the rear of his property is via two huge wooden gates that are opened and closed by hydraulic rams after receiving a signal from a mobile phone . This is a relatively new set up and i am not as yet on the list to use it. This is because my number has to be programmed into the controller by the electrician who fitted it all and he hasn't been to do so yet. I am not a fan of this system as i have to ring the owner when i arrive and get him to open up for me and the same when i leave. He is always glad to see me turn up but i feel like i am imposing on his time. Well you can imagine my sheer delight when i turned off the lane and onto his driveway where the gates are, to find the left hand one propped open with a length of wood. Excellent! i thought and drove straight through. As i was driving through the long yard at this property to get to the fields at the back, out steps the owner from one of the buildings. I stopped and wound the window down to speak to him. It turns out the hydraulic ram had been too much for the brickwork and had pulled them loose where the ram attaches to the pillars. He told me his wife had seen a fox crossing the yard in the daylight a few days prior and it had been a matter of yards from her and her small daughter and hadn't batted an eyelid at them. He also asked if i would go and have a look at the fox problem on his other caravan park which is quite near to me. I said i would and that i will go in daylight first to get the lay of the land. He asked me to let him know how we get on as i normally do and we set off to the bottom gate.

DSC00150.JPG

• Like 3

That looks a chunky fella, caravan parks in rural locations always seem to produce a good number of foxes, I have one on my shoot boundary and I’ve shot more foxes in that field than anywhere else on the shoot, the foxes show little interest in the local wildlife, much preferring a left over burger ? or a bit of pizza ?

26 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Waiting for the next instalment?

Think Ian must have fired that one out bit prematurely; it can happen to the best of us........apparently!! (That's what Mrs. Stavross said anyway!) ??

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

Waiting for the next instalment?

I don't know why but the site won't let me post it up. 

It has happened before and i managed to get round it by posting it up piecemeal but this time it won't let me. Then i couldn't get on the site at all last night. when i try to post it just comes up with a message about " oopps error 404".  

1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

Think Ian must have fired that one out bit prematurely; it can happen to the best of us........apparently!! (That's what Mrs. Stavross said anyway!) ??

Yeah, she said you were sh*t, I told here if she had put a woolly jumper on you would of made more of an effort ???

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

Yeah, she said you were sh*t, I told here if she had put a woolly jumper on you would of made more of an effort ???

Racist! I've got rights ya know!! Such a stereotype....

I've been fingerings sheeps bumholes last couple of hours to get poo samples!! 

• Haha 1