Pro Sport - Left Handed.

I remember talking to Tony Wall from Sandwell Field Sports about my TX 200 HC MK3, I wanted to take it a step further, tune it.

At the time Tony said there was nothing to tune as they were superbly made out of the box and simply refused to take peoples money.

My Pro Sport is untouched and is laser accurate.

Two HW`s I own the HW97 and the early mk2 HW77 long are tuned, the 97 tuned/ highly polished internals by a gunsmith and fitted with a Sandwell kit, the HW77 long carries a full Sandwell stage 2 tune.

A highly tuned HW takes an awful lot of bettering as does an untouched Air Arms.

By the way, the TX was given a full Rat Works tune and has been superb to hunt with, very little recoil.

Do I have any preferences, not really, even after splitting hairs they are all class rifles.( for me).

23 hours ago, Dervburner said:

If it’s that good, why haven’t you touched it for five years Mark? ?

I suppose you might of missed some posts buddy, there are plenty if you look.

20 minutes ago, mark williams said:

I remember talking to Tony Wall from Sandwell Field Sports about my TX 200 HC MK3, I wanted to take it a step further, tune it.

At the time Tony said there was nothing to tune as they were superbly made out of the box and simply refused to take peoples money.

My Pro Sport is untouched and is laser accurate.

Two HW`s I own the HW97 and the early mk2 HW77 long are tuned, the 97 tuned/ highly polished internals by a gunsmith and fitted with a Sandwell kit, the HW77 long carries a full Sandwell stage 2 tune.

A highly tuned HW takes an awful lot of bettering as does an untouched Air Arms.

By the way, the TX was given a full Rat Works tune and has been superb to hunt with, very little recoil.

Do I have any preferences, not really, even after splitting hairs they are all class rifles.( for me).

I suppose you might of missed some posts buddy, there are plenty if you look.

Only joking Mark??

• Like 1

£750 may be a lot of money for what they are and perhaps AA are putting a naughty mark up on it, but... they are very nice things to own and shoot. I treat myself to one a few years ago for a landmark birthday. I didn't need one (does anyone need an air rifle unless involved in professional pest control?) as I already had a few old springers and a more technologically advanced PCP + more powerful stuff. But going back to basics with a beautifully built and designed single shot relatively low powered rifle to stalk rabbits in beautiful surroundings reignited my love of rifle shooting. 

The attached photographs are of the first two rabbits that I shot with it and the land hunted that day.  

20160918_170720.jpg

20160918_171031.jpg

20160918_185248.jpg

• Like 4

Gentlemen thank you for the previous compliments about my Springer shooting. I've been at it over 50 years now and never had time away from shooting. So you just learn a lot like that.

All this talk of a left hand Prosport has got me seriously thinking of one in .177 now....But that 750 quid price tag..... 

But it would mean a completely unaltered walnut stock. 

To be fair to my existing Prosport .22 as far as tuning goes, it was brilliant out of the box... but... it came with a steel spring guide which twanged the spring a fair bit. So, it was Charlue Caller's expertise on springers that I turned to to fit a TinBum kit. This consists of a delrin spring guide, top hat and washers plus lubes. An internal polish and hone of the spring ends, trigger and piston assembly and the rifle went back together into a markedly smoother, quieter yet powerful shooting machine. 

I love it. It's a great feeling of confidence and satisfaction to take a good rifle onto the hunting field knowing it will humanely despatch a rabbit clean through the head at whatever ranges I can comfortably reach on aim. 

And that, after all, is its job and my shooting job with it requires. An accurate,  clean, fast kill and no suffering to the animal. None whatsoever. 

So.. do I need to spend another £750 quid for accuracy my other rifles have? No. But it's  a nice idea that owning and shooting such rifles is a pride and joy. 

Yours in sport.

Simon/Pianoman. 

20210307_161847.jpg

20210307_161839.jpg

20210307_161833.jpg

20210307_161814.jpg

20210307_161740.jpg

20210307_161726.jpg

• Like 2