Mink Hound Packs

1 hour ago, coco said:

Dai packed in a few years ago now mate

What a character Dai,He use to work on the buildings with my late dad,one of my first hunting experiences was with Dai when I was about 8-9 years old,Then hadn’t seen Dai until my early 20’s when he came to a neighbor when I lived in Ystrad Mynach to do some work on their house,I approached him told him who I was and said I was into lurchers and lamping at that time,next day he gave me a lamp,it was a blue eye and lasted me years.

Then many years later when I lived in Nelson,myself,Doug and Wayne(Postmen) and Dai minkhounds started the Welsh valleys working terrier and lurcher club,we started off meeting in the Royal Oak then The Darren In Deri and the the Fox and Hounds in Penallta and over to Bargoed Working men’s club as the club expanded and remember going over to a club for a meeting in Cwmbach,we would rotate venues once a month.Our first show was in Nelson on Lyn Bowen’s farm just up from the old welfare field and then our second show was over in a club in Penywaun Aberdare,and then our regular show up in Gelligaer.

Dai had his kennels up on top of Bedlinog mountain think on Ken Miles farm,last I heard Dai was still alive and must be in his late 80’s forgive me if anyone knows differently,he was as I said a character you’d never forget.