Pamplona l

4 minutes ago, mushroom said:

It still is on the TV here, every year... it's a big thing ;)

mush when i was out there about 5 years ago stopping in the south of spain....we were renting a little place for a week ....and on the tv ...was a channel dedicated to field sports there was all types of shooting on it...coursing with galgos...ferreting ....all sorts....but it was proper good channel with good filming ....is it still going 

• Like 1

I genuinely think traditions like this are a products of millennia of Palaeolithic initiation rights and ritual. The hunting of megafauna was central to our ancestors lives for so long that I really do believe it’s genetically hard coded.

‘Civilised’ ways of scratching that itch manifest in all sorts of ways. I’m not making a moral argument for it but I’m a believer in being very cautious in forcing people away from their nature.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, TOMO said:

mush when i was out there about 5 years ago stopping in the south of spain....we were renting a little place for a week ....and on the tv ...was a channel dedicated to field sports there was all types of shooting on it...coursing with galgos...ferreting ....all sorts....but it was proper good channel with good filming ....is it still going 

I believe there is a channel like that still. I don't have a telly in the house mate, so can't say for certain though. I always watch the bull runs in the bars on a morning (During the Pamplona week), having my coffee. Like I said it's a big thing still, all the old boys get right into it ?

4 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

800 and odd people taken to hospital the year we went ?

Tbf the old boys always say there's too many running it now. They see it as 1. A bit of a cop out, hiding in numbers and 2. Funny as fuuck because injuries are guaranteed ???

Just now, timmy k said:

Yep I got knocked over by one of the castrated bulls then trampled on by every other f****r. Think I broke a rib that week.

you were lucky mate...you should put some pics up of your time there....be good to see

2 minutes ago, timmy k said:

Yep I got knocked over by one of the castrated bulls then trampled on by every other f****r. Think I broke a rib that week.

I'd call that a lucky day ?

Most injuries are far worse than a broken rib ;)

1 minute ago, TOMO said:

you were lucky mate...you should put some pics up of your time there....be good to see

I dont think I took any. Never had a camera phone then. Never really been one for taking pictures but times like that I wish I did

1 minute ago, mushroom said:

I'd call that a lucky day ?

Most injuries are far worse than a broken rib ;)

I was invincible back then. Or at least I thought I was. Just dusted myself off watched the bull fight, got shit faced and being the tit I was, done it again the next morning.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, timmy k said:

I was invincible back then. Or at least I thought I was. Just dusted myself off watched the bull fight, got shit faced and being the tit I was, done it again the next morning.

That's what you're supposed to do ?