Work off your permissions...

1 hour ago, Gypsydog94 said:

My grandad keeps 200 ewes. Lost 23 lambs through out the last 12 months due to the hill billy farmer who lives up the road farm dogs gone feral. Lucky for him lamb price is good as that would be a lot of his profit down the pisser 

Your grandad should be asking for cost to be covered or blast the dog doing it an deliver the corpse to the hill billy farmer it won’t stop if the dogs got a liking for killing his lambs 

9 hours ago, poxon said:

Your grandad should be asking for cost to be covered or blast the dog doing it an deliver the corpse to the hill billy farmer it won’t stop if the dogs got a liking for killing his lambs 

The hillbilly ain’t got no money to look after his own stock let alone pay for someone else’s. The dogs were dealt with 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

Family of farmers help. Me being a farm worker in the same area I grew up in I know a lot of the farmers. Pretty often out half the night bringing in silage before the rain for a bit of cash and bit more permission. Ratting aswell good way of getting lamping I find. Proves your trust worthy and sensible. Can normally pick a bit more that way 

I find if I first offer to sort out their moles.... Then they soon relax and let me  craic on... My Oldman rang me today, passed on a number, I rang it up, and after a short chat the gentleman offered me permission for digging/lurcher work... He got 4/5 different places around 800 acres all together dotted around Abergavenny and mid Wales... In all this dome and gloom... This season we have gained a ton of new permissions, mostly because the folks they let on aren't doing what they were asked.... If you don't get out knocking doors, then you won't know??

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I find if I first offer to sort out their moles.... Then they soon relax and let me  craic on... My Oldman rang me today, passed on a number, I rang it up, and after a short chat the gentleman offered me permission for digging/lurcher work... He got 4/5 different places around 800 acres all together dotted around Abergavenny and mid Wales... In all this dome and gloom... This season we have gained a ton of new permissions, mostly because the folks they let on aren't doing what they were asked.... If you don't get out knocking doors, then you won't know??

Exactly surprising how many farmers will let you on with dogs if they believe your genuine. And you don’t feck um about leaving stuff in ditches etc plus with you doing moles just take the runner or terrier with you. Soon tell if the farmers keen on it when they start asking about the dogs etc 

• Like 1