New rat perm

philpot

My buddy and I have just got a new rat perm at a stables which have some rather expensive horses. We went down the other day but only managed 3 as we had no real idea as to where they were most active so as with these things, it can take some time to learn the perm BUT we went down to a pond on the land where we were told that rabbits were causing damage to the ground and at the side of the pond there were loads of carp scales.  Checking the area we found a very well used track around the pond so we are going to set up the trail cameras to see what the culprit is, I suspect it is a mink but possibly an otter.

Looks like it might be a good little shoot for ratting and as a bonus they said they have another farm in village close by which has a high number of rabbits so win win.

Phil

• Like 5

I had a permission where they had very expensive horses , so much money i didnt feel safe shooting the pigeons  as they where so skittish and the farmer said if you loan me a gun i will do it myself , I think he used it as a cricket bat never again and F**K there racehorses 

• Haha 2
49 minutes ago, The one said:

I had a permission where they had very expensive horses , so much money i didnt feel safe shooting the pigeons  as they where so skittish and the farmer said if you loan me a gun i will do it myself , I think he used it as a cricket bat never again and F**K there racehorses 

I had a similar experience, lent a fourten out to thin numbers down in a large rookery. When it came back the barrel had been cut down with a hacksaw and no explanation. Unbelievable, good job it had no real monetary value. ?

• Sad 1
On 25/01/2021 at 16:26, Dervburner said:

I had a similar experience, lent a fourten out to thin numbers down in a large rookery. When it came back the barrel had been cut down with a hacksaw and no explanation. Unbelievable, good job it had no real monetary value. ?

I do not know how anyone could do that to a gun that doesn't belong to them. I hope you gave him a mouth full.

Phil

• Like 1