Hunting dogs Europe

Iv been doing some research trying to nail down a German wire haired pointer bitch pup talking to as many people as I can probably doing there heads in and finding which line would suit me best for vermin control , Iv come across this website bloke seems genuine just trying to see if anyone else has used him And if he’s genuine?

• Like 1

i allways think if you go to any sort of vendor of working dogs there probably buying in cheap where they can knocking some training into it over a couple weeks and cashing for what they can get. If your serious about it id get yaself out there and see with your own eyes dont be fooled by the forced retrieve and barking outside a pen pics. 

1 minute ago, C.green said:

i allways think if you go to any sort of vendor of working dogs there probably buying in cheap where they can knocking some training into it over a couple weeks and cashing for what they can get. If your serious about it id get yaself out there and see with your own eyes dont be fooled by the forced retrieve and barking outside a pen pics. 

Iv seen a couple local but it’s hard finding people doing with them what I’m intending two Iv no interest in seeing a dog retrieve or barking at anything I want it for hill hunting and from what Iv seen they are really good at , Iv I’m gone pay the type money people are asking I want to make sure it’s the best I can get 

Just now, Wales1234 said:

Iv seen a couple local but it’s hard finding people doing with them what I’m intending two Iv no interest in seeing a dog retrieve or barking at anything I want it for hill hunting and from what Iv seen they are really good at , Iv I’m gone pay the type money people are asking I want to make sure it’s the best I can get 

If there really good at it surely any has got the chance to make it ? Just buy ya pup and take ya chance then aint it all im saying is i dont think your best bet is with someone makes a living selling dogs.

Just now, C.green said:

Or ya hoping someone on here sees these and sorts ya a pup sensible ?

Iv been offered 3 pups from 3 different litters im Just asking about mate , I know to do as much research before I dive into a dog especially if gone be forking out the kind of money there going for 

I dont think with what cockerpoos and other silliness are making there that strong money are they ? Especially for gundog breed i remember when jagds was all the rage 2/3k a dog was nothing and folk couldnt part with there money quick enough most them ended up no good anyhow. The little i know about the pointers id be looking over to ireland they seem to be used in a different way there

2 minutes ago, C.green said:

I dont think with what cockerpoos and other silliness are making there that strong money are they ? Especially for gundog breed i remember when jagds was all the rage 2/3k a dog was nothing and folk couldnt part with there money quick enough most them ended up no good anyhow. The little i know about the pointers id be looking over to ireland they seem to be used in a different way there

Thanks boss your the man ! 

2 hours ago, Wideboy said:

My vet is German, she thinks that the GWP over here(Ireland) are a harder dog then their EU cousins. She reckons that the small gene pool here is the reason, as she thinks probably most are related. I have had 2 and a half GWPs. I’d definitely be getting a dog over a bitch, that’s just from my experience. Hardier animal. They can be as head strong as a donkey ?

Iv not spoken to any Irish lads yet , how did you find them and what did you use them for? Iv got a rule of bitches only here so it’s gone have to be a bitch tbh makes life easier 

5 hours ago, C.green said:

If there really good at it surely any has got the chance to make it ? Just buy ya pup and take ya chance then aint it all im saying is i dont think your best bet is with someone makes a living selling dogs.

Would you just buy any terrier pup and take your chance wanting it to work to a high standard or would you do your home work and buy a pup that’s bred out of dogs doing what you want it to do. 

I'm not into gundogs but I love GWP's. They use them over here for anything from quail to deer and boar and they are great guard dogs also. If I could own just one dog this would be it. I'd try and get a pup off a hunter rather than worrying about lines, even if he only had a pair of dogs. I've never seen a useless one here and if the parents hunt the pups will.