Dry " Dog Food "?

Anyone know how to make this shit wet, please? I got a sack of it today, to feed the wild shit. But, obviously, I wouldn't offer it dry.

I put some in a bowl and filled the bowl with water. Five hours and I've had to refill the bowl. Shit in the bowl's now got a soft outer coating over a rock hard centre? God knows what I'll do next!

Is there a given ratio, to make this shit 'mashable'? So many gallons of water / Hours of soaking, per cup of this shit?

32 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Cheers, my man. I'll try that next then :)

Yep boiling water . I have to soak the old dogs food now , he's 14 and if I feed him anything but a sloppy mess of food he's bunged up for days .

• Like 1

Had an old dog here, Chid. Gums? Teeth? Whatever. Spent his last days on tins. Didn't like the raw meat and bones any more.

I just have a complete mental block against this dry shit though. Probably stems back to my mate, who used it for his Game Pit Bull's telling me how his died of brain cancer.

Like a kunt, I missed the obvious there. Started feeding my own Pit on the exact same shit (Eukanuba). Have a great big fukking cigar for guessing what My fukking dog died of?!

But, yeah, as said elsewhere on here; This shit's for a treat, to the wild foxes and badgers. It'll feature as a modicum of their over all diets. I'm really only using it as bait for my trail cam. Hell, I even chuck day old chicks out there too! Every fukker feeds well round here! :D

5 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Haven't tried the hot, yet, Jetro. This stuff, having soaked all night, is soft enough now. It's out there too, as it happens. Better get my arse in gear, right now, and set the camera on it. Be dark soon and that fox don't hang about waiting!

?

Atb j 

12 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Must be fussy foxes if they won't eat it dry !

Oh, I imagine they'd happily do so. I just don't want a lot of rabidly thirsty foxes and badgers wandering about the place :)

Anyway; All set. I've strapped the camera to an empty gas bottle. Put the bowl down in line with it. About fifteen foot away. Should be about optimum. Wait and see what I find tomorrow now.

FD, it's just notified me of your reply. Minced meat? I'm not made of fukking money! :D Not even that sure why I'm doing this. I just like feeding things and seeing them enjoying it is a bonus.

3 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Oh, I imagine they'd happily do so. I just don't want a lot of rabidly thirsty foxes and badgers wandering about the place :)

Anyway; All set. I've strapped the camera to an empty gas bottle. Put the bowl down in line with it. About fifteen foot away. Should be about optimum. Wait and see what I find tomorrow now.

FD, it's just notified me of your reply. Minced meat? I'm not made of fukking money! :D Not even that sure why I'm doing this. I just like feeding things and seeing them enjoying it is a bonus.

Butcher scraps, free, cheaper than buying dog food. Just a thought. 

Are you not worried about attracting rats.

Atb j