Master Hunter Longnets

janine

11 hours ago, janine said:

Does anybody know if he's still making them? tried the number,  love the fast set Longnet and it's a lot lighter than some others

Cheers

dont know if hes still at it...i have a 20 yard stop net of his....must say i like it alot 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, TOMO said:

i liked the pegs best ..made out of old golf clubs...

I saw these nets at the midland 2 years ago. what struck me was the length of the pegs and the bulkiness of them. having only ever used traditional nets with pegs around 25 inches they look cumbersome. have you used them at night tomo? 

57 minutes ago, fred90 said:

I saw these nets at the midland 2 years ago. what struck me was the length of the pegs and the bulkiness of them. having only ever used traditional nets with pegs around 25 inches they look cumbersome. have you used them at night tomo? 

yeh they are big and cumbersome to some degree ...yes i have used at night....but not for a long while ...mine is only a 20 yarder so its really a stop net for ferreting....

the thing is trad nets work well with the normal sized pegs....cos you have end pins keeping everything tight....mind you sometimes i will end pin a pre set  stop net by putting a purse net at each end ...just put the  purse net ring over the top of the peg...and then peg in to the ground...keeps them tight

but preset is a different ball game...now i dont know for sure cos mine is only 20yrd....but i would think a full 100 yarder might have a few issues with this set up...in my mind with the pegs being old golf glubs they taper from top to bottom...so it might be a pain on a big net...on the 20 its not a problem..

my hunting partner vin has some cracking pre set nets of bill...the baskets are light and small the nets are nice and the pegs shorter...great little set ups....great for day and night...

that said i still think longer pegs are better...but its always a trade off...my set ups are quite weighty....ive a big hundred yard double bag job from brinded and its a big basket and very long pegs...then i got another net ...peged with magnum pegs..not as long as brindeds but thicker...then this stop net from master hunter...like i say theres always pros and cons..

but for me them of bills take some beating....but rather than rely on the peg keeping them up just do like i mention and put a purse net on each end