Goshawking

Moorman 1

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got a hare with her, there aren't many around here, had a good flight on a crow this morning. Third slip on a hare today from a good solid point,result ?

What a flight! wasn't out for long, I had to end the session and give her a big reward. The last flight was the best flight that I have seen her perform to date. The dog was on point in the cover crop

Slipped out for a cheeky Christmas Day Rooster ? #39

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Moorman 1 said:

Just got in, for once the weather was perfect. Struggled to mark anything in the beginning. Then had some really good flights. She didn't put a foot wrong. Another five in the bag.

Kills 1 and 2

20201206_114534.jpg

20201206_115050.jpg

Amazing mate well done ??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

We are experiences heavy rains and winds at moment ,not ideal for a bird .Lost my Harris for two days due to inexperience on a windy day .Off he went tail chasing a crow and they went and went and went .No telemetry but he was still on same farm two day later ,fat but biddable .One of the only birds I’ve known to want to be with me ?

4 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

We are experiences heavy rains and winds at moment ,not ideal for a bird .Lost my Harris for two days due to inexperience on a windy day .Off he went tail chasing a crow and they went and went and went .No telemetry but he was still on same farm two day later ,fat but biddable .One of the only birds I’ve known to want to be with me ?

It's all part of it but this rain is relentless. The ground is totally waterlogged it just can't drain off. I was upto my knees yesterday squelching about pheasant hawking. I was exhausted afterwards, lol.