Sportdog tek 2 or garmin

Jude

3 hours ago, FKOF said:

I use tek 2, had them few years now. Had a few problems but the costomer service is second to non 3 years warranty. Always gets sorted out! 

Good stuff, do they work straight out the box in the uk then no messing with maps etc? Heard a few people saying they take a while to refresh when a dog is on the move, any issues with that?

Can’t beat the garmin in my opinion. This be my 5 th season with them and never missed a beat. Gps 4 u Is the company. There in America but also good with customer service if any ever problems or questions. Mine worked straight out the box. I only ever use the compass to tell me how far dogs are if they go out of sight and in what direction. Use mine mainly in the day but if I go to land I don’t know the lye of and depending what I’m Running I sometimes use it lamping. A lot of the time you can just leave receiver in your pocket as it’s only maybe if they have caught and not moving from it they come in real handy. Save a lot of time and wandering what’s going on. If my big dogs not back to me within a few minutes of running something I know he’s done the job or on strong scent so just gives you that piece of mind. Atb Igz

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Jude said:

Good stuff, do they work straight out the box in the uk then no messing with maps etc? Heard a few people saying they take a while to refresh when a dog is on the move, any issues with that?

No there instant they don't take anytime to refresh really. 

Refresh straight away mate. I calibrate the compass every now and agin which is really easy but like I say it’s all I’ve used for 4 years and never a problem. Got mates that use them and never really had a problem. Out of about  the 8 collars I’ve seen used can’t remember any of us having a problem to be fair. Atb Igz