Melior cartridges

Haven't come across them yet. The problem is that like Joker cartridges. A friend bought a load, they were cheap, burn clean, smoothe shooting and were effective but they were a here today gone tomorrow commodity.  Back to the threads about Baikal record cartridges from years ago.  Suddenly not available.  You don't  know what these random cartridges are going to be like and when you find out that they're good you can't get them again. How much were these Mellor cartridges.?

We shot a lot of Pigeons with them. Im not a ballistic expert but they seemed fast to me because when I first shot them after jokers I was missing, but soon adjusted by slowing it down a bit. We shot birds further and further out with them. Ive been shooting for 30years but am no expert, but I can recognise a good performing cartridge on a day when theres lots to shoot at. Melior have a website and had pigeon load on there but heavy loads, and I couldnt see the point when these GTs were so good. We were also getting them far cheaper than Hull or Gamebore could offer. 

A bloke got them for me who does a lot of shooting and takes people out. He buys a lot of different carts and not all good but these were. Ive only got a couple hundred left. Trouble is I oNLY PAID £200 a thousand and I dont know Id get them at that again. Ive havnt been out since last autumn anyway?

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

They're Spanish so they may never be available due to import problems due to Brexit.  I've never understood this fast or slow cartridge thing.  The difference out at 30 yards ect is negligible .  If you've got the lead on the target the load will do the job.  Some people will only shoot a certain brand or load but others just pile the cartridges in the bag and shoot them.  They don't know if it is a blue one or a red.  it is just a cartridge and it doesn't seem to make a difference to them.

• Like 1
On 08/03/2021 at 23:08, Meece said:

They're Spanish so they may never be available due to import problems due to Brexit.  I've never understood this fast or slow cartridge thing.  The difference out at 30 yards ect is negligible .  If you've got the lead on the target the load will do the job.  Some people will only shoot a certain brand or load but others just pile the cartridges in the bag and shoot them.  They don't know if it is a blue one or a red.  it is just a cartridge and it doesn't seem to make a difference to them.

Is them you?? We'r shooting a bit further out than 30yds mate, otherwise I shouldnt of bothered mentioning them. They were blue btw.

22 hours ago, jeemes said:

? We'r shooting a bit further out than 30yds mate, otherwise I shouldnt of bothered mentioning them. They were blue btw.

Is them you??  What language speke is that then.?  30..... 35 yards is the distance that a 12 bore pattern is at the best size and concentration of pellets not the furthest that it will shoot.

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/03/2021 at 23:11, jeemes said:

Is them you?? We'r shooting a bit further out than 30yds mate, otherwise I shouldnt of bothered mentioning them. They were blue btw.

Blue were they? I like blue ones, but then, red ones are nice too. I like green ones as well, and orange........hang on??

Anyway, they’re my favourites ??

Ive never seen the melior’s for sale, but I’ll give them a go if I see them at a good price.

Just out of interest, what colour are they??‍♂️.....

Sorry, I’ll get my coat???

• Haha 1