hw95 vortek tuned

just a follow up to my response to another thread.not had much chance to test this air rifle yet but feck me it feels heavy after not doing much shooting for 6 months.this air gun now shoots very smooth and my mate that just shoots springers said that it indeed is very good.his words were it is not that far of his venom.so when you consider the cost of the work in comparison that is high praise indeed.anyway i put the target out at 15y as that is all i can get and put 15 shots into the target.my arm was getting fecked by now but i put another 15 shots into it and i was stuggling with the weight.anyway not a bad group with such little pratice lately.just a very nice little airgun to shoot now and very happy with the work done by tony burton.

hw95 063.JPG

hw95 064.JPG

hw95 065.JPG

• Like 1

well just bit the bullet and ordered a nice new stock for it too as looking at the pictures it deserves to have some money spent on its apperance as the peformance has been upgraded.put the gun over the chrono and over a 12 shot string fps varied by 6.5 with a high of 617.5 and a low of 611.with my falcon pellets power is now 11.2ft/lbs so almost at pcp levels of consistancy?

Edited by .357shooter
6 hours ago, .357shooter said:

cs500 custom stock with a few options.will have to wait 4 weeks for it though.weight is an issue as i have lost a lot of strength due to not being at the gym for 5-6 months.arms are now only 16.5" have shrunk a bit?

Yer, good chaps at custom stock. I had a cs700 made for my hw99s and because I collected it they didn’t charge me for the skip checkering and they fitted it for me as well. Had a good chat with them and they showed me the machinery and how they make the stocks. Very friendly and helpful I found them. ??

Edited by Dervburner
  • Like 1

well had another go with it today managed to get 25y this time.had to open a window in the front room and stood at the back wall.so 25y and 30 shots later another group which was getting better.the last 15 or so went through the main group in the middle,just a few wobbly shots to start with.1761698438_hw30yards066.JPG.6fc29c588adaa20057465e5640b57b6c.JPG

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Tony Burton Tuned my 97K .22 after advice from a member on here, put a Vortex Tune kit in, did a great job. The rifle just gets smoother and more accurate with every shot...been out today with it after rabbits, i love shooting it, it's had about 300 pellets through it now!

Tony is a nice guy too...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...