ME,,SEAN,,LIP

A time was set i got there a bit early as to meet Steve(LIP) and to guide him in if he got stuck

Sean (VIZLAUK) got there a little bit after me

Steve had gone back to the range as he thoought we were shooting there as the 6500 acres is just across the way

and he had not got my tx with the details of where to meet up and where we were shooting last night but a phone call from him as to what was happening soon had him on the right track .

Once he had arrived and set up off we went me and steve one way and sean another we soon heard the crack of seans 223 (fox night for him)I turnned and say,d we will go this way steve lol.

The first two we came across we missed but it was blowing a hoolie lol

no excusse i know but the wind did play a big part of last nights shooting one rabbit i had six shots at as it hid behind weeds before i saw where the pellet was going in the nv scope but once i saw it the next shot was aimed nearly a foot off the rabbit let the pellet go and it was lights out perffect shot place ment right in the kill zone .

I spotted one out in the fiels steve ranged it and it was over 100+ yrds away so over the fence i went and closed the range to about 48yrd

sent the jsb jumbo on its way from a kneeling shot and it just fell on the spot

picked it up and off we went back to the tank for some thing to drink we then set off again where i got my next one same as before it just wend down but could not find it at first (left my head lamp in the tank)

any way found it took two or three steps and my foot went into a divid in the ground and down i went hurt my back bad it fecking hurt i can tell you lol still hurts now and my right leg

any way we had seen some rabbits over the other side of a field so i told steve we would walk round to the other side better than walking across the field when we got there they had taken off but there were three ,,,,yep at the side we had just come from so told steve to jump in and see what he could do as my back was hurting and did not want to climb the fence .

i watched him in the spotter as he came up to two of them he was that focused on one of them he did not see the one to the left of him

opting for the one on the right it ran and i was shouting to him THERES ONE ON THE LEFT but the wind was that strong he could not hear me and it had gone to ground as well but it soon took off when he turnned round lol

any way we headed back up to the tank i was spotting and so was he i sayd there is one and he was looking in the wrong direction

so i took hold of his barrel and turnned him and the rifle to where it was ,,can you see it yerr then off the shot went ,,,miss again miss

this wind third time hit perfect shot i was telling him wind is blowing right to left when he took the shot think it was 38ish yards

We then went to look for a rabbit he had hit earlier on in the night in the deer penn it had back flipped and hit the ground i climmed the fence but could not find it as my head lamp was in the tank

got to say mind with nv once you drop them there a bugger to find in the long grass with out a lamp ,

Any way lamp on head i climmed in again all be it a bit painful than the firsst time lol

any way cut a long story short i still could not find it in the long grass but did get to patt the deer one even walked by my side as i looked all over the field for the rabbit think it was a case of it was dead but must of got up and ran before it dropped he defo hit it you only get that crack when a pellet hits the skull of a rabbit ,

I then let steve go on by him self for a bit as i went back to the tank to rest my back

when he came back we called it a night by this time it was just past 3am

He thanked me for a good day plus night told him he was welcome any time

and that stands any time steve .

As for sean he did not get his fox but did get 4 rabbits

me i got the three

and steve one

as for the 4 sean got there was not much left of them to pick up lol

so only got the pic of mine and steves 4

that will keep tbp man happy any way.

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

IMG_20200829_011655.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks to Jimmy and Sean for allowing me to shoot on their permission, having not met them before and only "speaking" to Jimmy on here :signthankspin:

I did do a write-up  at 2.30am this morning detailing the events of Saturday evening but lost everything when I tried to load some of the pics (very fooking frustrating). Jimmy covered pretty much everything above, but I would like to openly apologise for turning up late.

After dropping off my eldest at the pub at 7.30, I drove back up the A1 to where I thought we were shooting having missed the txt with the post code. By the time I got back to where I was supposed to be it was an hour later, turns out it was only 5 mins away from where I dropped my eldest off :doh:

I'd also like to thank Jimmy for showing me his technique on how to paunch a rabbit without a knife which is very quick and easy to do :angel: with a little practice. Hopefully I'll be an expert by the time we meet up again :whistling:

Here's a few pics of Jimmy showing his softer side and another one of the nights tally.. 

Sorry for the late words but I didn't get in till just after 4am Saturday morning, up at 8, then leave our rented cottage by 10. Managed to grab  an hr before going out last night. 

(saving these words 1st incase they are lost again) pics to follow... 

• Like 2

Cracking night steve good banter and a laugh at

my expence lol

still in pain now

as sayd steve any time mate

may get you on the 6500 acres

but you will need good boots just ask david evans he can tell you how much walking and climbing is involved

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, liP said:

I'd also like to thank Jimmy for showing me his technique on how to paunch a rabbit without a knife which is very quick and easy to do :angel: with a little practice. Hopefully I'll be an expert by the time we meet up again :whistling:

Going by the pics, did you paunch then with a hand grenade?

4 minutes ago, walshie said:

Going by the pics, did you paunch then with a hand grenade?

When there going to the birds of pray man we just have to gut them

they want the fur left on David

was going to show steve how to skin one fast but had to stop as the fur had to stop on

bottom right one

• Like 1