Night Vision

Hi All

It's the first time I have posted on here in a long time so I apologise if this question has already been asked 

I am looking into taking the plunge and getting a night vision setup for my pcp and I was was wondering if you guys good give me a few pointers as to what's good and what's not?

My budget at a stretch would be £500

I have hunted for a number of years but anything that I have done at night has been with a lamp how ever over these last few years the need to scratch the night vision itch has just kept growing?

Thanks in advance 

Kind Regards

Simon

There is only one and that would be pard 007 , use it with your day scope at night , unclick for day time dead easy  the rest are shit in my honest opinion , in less you like having a tv screen on top of your gun and shooting from the hip or very old like a few in here ???

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mitch you are a cheeky tart no matter if it is near the truth.

So with the introduction from Mitch, I will put up the case for the TV screen systems, the system can be made by handy guys at home and there is a detailed 'how to' on another forum but I use several NiteSite systems which have worked very well for me and my buddy.  There is an upgrade, the ' R-Tec'  which has fine tuning on the camera for focus and the screen can be turned down independently from the main IR.  They are very light and whilst I tend to use them with the gun either resting on my tripod or at the hip and for me, both methods have been extremely effective.  A NiteSite Viper can be bought for around £300 with the R-Tec a little more.

I will say that the Pard 008 and 007 are very nice units with a long range although I believe the lasers have now been reduced and I have used both which were ok.

The point is that there are several options available so good luck in your choice.

Phil

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • 3 months later...

Pard 008 old one they have the good lazer in them

love mine

and it took my 12mths to listen to viz and si to get one

would not part with it now mate and iv had a few nv units in the past

one other thing to think of is a nv spotter

as well

pard 019 will suit you down to the ground imop

at the end of the day you do not want to swing a loaded rifle around when your looking for pray to shoot

a spotter will let you keep the rifle on your shoulder or back

as you scan

atvbmac

• Like 4

I've had a starlight archer and thought it was good but the pard 008 is the next level they're small light and excellent quality hopefully out tomorrow with it on a golf course depending on the weather. I looked through a friends photon a few times but couldn't really see its worth. The 007 pard is supposed to be a good unit too.

• Like 1