Electric Hedge Trimmers?

:lol:  Just seeing that much hedge makes my arms ache!

Now; As this thread's now served its purpose - as far as it didn't! :D A certain B&D model would have been my first choice, today. Just can't get them any more.

People laugh at B&D? Fine. I have Stanley tools in my work room. Over forty years old and good as new. Stanley now own B&D. People laugh at B&D.

I had a Bosch drill? Five fukking minutes! TWO Holes and smoke was coming out of it! My Bosch power plane? Just the other week replaced the five quid belt in it. After twenty years of abuse.

Makita? Had their shit spewing smoke in minutes too. Yet, last week, I bought a Makita, without hesitation.

Why? It was the tool I needed. It was available, right there in front of my eyes and hands. The price wasn't so terrible.

Blackspur to Milwaukee. I don't give a fukk. Life's taught me that. And, while I've always had a soft spot for Stanley? That's now an illusion. That was back in the day when Stanley mean't something.

I guess Stihl probably still does. Dunno. Where they made now?

I had dewalt on site for yrs,changed to makita now very tough gear,mine gets wet,damp,dusty,and mistreated been great.the other tools that are great are metabo.that gear used to be unbreakable.for garden gear echo is not bad for light use,but tanaka is superb.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Balaur said:

DeWalt have the best range by far, I'm looking at Milwaukee gear but if I had use for more than drill/grinder/impact etc I'd head for DeWalt, also most on sites use DeWalt and I think it'll be easier to keep hold of batteries and chargers with Milwaukee.

Milwaukee or Atlas copco which is exactly the same pisses all over Dewalt.Far superior build quality 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

I'll be honest, prior to buying those Stihl hedgies, i'd used a set of old Black & Decker electric ones for about 8 years that i was given on a freebee from THLPatrick. Kept sharp and well oiled, they tackled these hawthorn hedges well, when it was a mess (I'd be letting it grow out to thicken it) I'd cut through the cable so many times it ended up about 5 foot long!

Finally (and sadly) they gave up the ghost and as my brother had a swanky new set of petrol Stihl trimmers, so i used his for a season.

I feckin hated them, loud and heavy, they were not for me.

A chance trip to the BIGGA convention in Harrogate and as we were looking at Stihl chainsaws for work, we ended up buying a couple of the new battery saws and i got a deal on those trimmers!

I just hope, for the money, they see me out but if they don't, it'll be good 'ol Black & Decker for me again..!!!

20200601_102308.jpg

We have a couple of lads that do climbing for us if we need something dropped carefully and they swear by the stihl battery saws

• Like 1
1 hour ago, downsouth said:

We have a couple of lads that do climbing for us if we need something dropped carefully and they swear by the stihl battery saws

Not as good as Edward Scissorhands.

If you want to earn serious money and don't mind working away then get in to climbing, level 3's are on proper coin offshore. 

Edited by Greb147
1 hour ago, downsouth said:

Used a lithium powered disc cutter last week.... Amazed as to how powerful and lighter it was?

Got a milwaukee cordless I've had 18/20 yrs Oldman brought it over from the states for me... Still works and got some kick for 12v??

• Like 1