“Clean energy”.......

24 minutes ago, WILF said:

There can be absolutely no justification for this can there ?

We must literally be insane 

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200731-how-to-build-a-nuclear-warning-for-10000-years-time

They say Earth could repair itself after Man, I think we’re trying hard to dispel that myth. It does lead you to wonder who actually benefited the most from all of this

• Like 2

Yeh i recon your right wilf.....insanity. .

Why on earth we have nuclear power when we don't know how to get rid of the waste is insane....insanity is the only word for it....surly it's better to have the smoke from a coal fired power station. .

Or like I have said to folk just recently. ..every building to have solar panels. ..and you would think that with today's tech they could invent a film/paint that goes on the walls of buildings that is a solar harvester of sorts...so not just the roof harvesting solar energy. ..but the hole building 

32 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Yeh i recon your right wilf.....insanity. .

Why on earth we have nuclear power when we don't know how to get rid of the waste is insane....insanity is the only word for it....surly it's better to have the smoke from a coal fired power station. .

Or like I have said to folk just recently. ..every building to have solar panels. ..and you would think that with today's tech they could invent a film/paint that goes on the walls of buildings that is a solar harvester of sorts...so not just the roof harvesting solar energy. ..but the hole building 

Not even close mate.

Using nuclear power in place of fossil-fuel energy sources, such as coal, has prevented some 1.8 million air pollution-related deaths globally and could save millions of more lives in coming decades, concludes a study. The researchers also find that nuclear energy prevents emissions of huge quantities of greenhouse gases. These estimates help make the case that policymakers should continue to rely on and expand nuclear power in place of fossil fuels to mitigate climate change, the authors say (Environ. Sci. Technol., DOI: 10.1021/es3051197).

https://cen.acs.org/articles/91/web/2013/04/Nuclear-Power-Prevents-Deaths-Causes.html#:~:text=They similarly estimated that the,with the 1.8 million figure.

We went from steam power to petrol power to nuclear power in around 150 years, a blink of the eye in the grand scheme of things.

We went from a canvas and wood airplane flying less than 100 yards, to putting men on the moon, and bringing them back safely, in about 70 years, again, an instant in the grand scheme of things !

We've harnessed nuclear fission, and are close to nuclear fusion, so is it to much to ask that we can, in time, find a way of neutralising the waste ?

Cheers.