Bit different, but the increase in exercise especially Pilate has brought us a bit of a bonus, these exercise bands as they are known cost between around £2/£4 I pick up odd ones when I see them and give them a whirl, they are 600mm long when you cut the loop and 50mm wide, so I get 2 sets of 25x 300mm bands, have found that anything latex free is shite and does not work but these green things are really nice  can get a huge draw good power and accuracy ✌️

F0B5F8EC-47BF-4E8A-A747-37BB6B87B587.jpeg

• Like 1

You do right trying them all. I enjoyed shooting some theraband gold today with the 8mm. I’m  fed up at the minute with the amount of bands that seem to be snapping way too early. Not sure if I’m tying them too tightly at the pouch.

Edited by Shortstraw
1 hour ago, Shortstraw said:

You do right trying them all. I enjoyed shooting some theraband gold today with the 8mm. I’m  fed up at the minute with the amount of bands that seem to be snapping way too early. Not sure if I’m tying them too tightly at the pouch.

I don’t tie my bands at the pouch end I just slide a bit of 1745 tube on to a long nose pair of pliers stick a can in the handle to force it open and slide the bands through, once it’s in place take the can out and slide it off the pliers job done my bands very rarely break at the pouch use the same tactic on the tubes as well, lasts for ages and is much quicker than tuck and wrap once you have it sorted, the alcohol hand sanitiser is also useful as it allows you long enough to slide everything in place then just evaporates spit also works ?

49D63A58-14D2-4E04-AFEB-24AA507951E5.png

FF489768-EAED-4BF3-8394-A52BCD47F5A7.jpeg

D2C6EED9-ADA5-4B4F-8C8C-3A407DD90550.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mr Wilkes said:

You maxing them out short straw ?.

Well my active length is 15cm, but I’m using 16cm at minute due to my struggling muscles....so probably not maxing....although I’m going to get my wife to measure my draw length in a minute.

I’m using crystal string which I like, but also got that thin stretchy band they also sell. I tend to wrap the crystal string about 8 times and the other stuff about 6,  although I haven’t used it that much. 

Edited by Shortstraw
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

I don’t tie my bands at the pouch end I just slide a bit of 1745 tube on to a long nose pair of pliers stick a can in the handle to force it open and slide the bands through, once it’s in place take the can out and slide it off the pliers job done my bands very rarely break at the pouch use the same tactic on the tubes as well, lasts for ages and is much quicker than tuck and wrap once you have it sorted, the alcohol hand sanitiser is also useful as it allows you long enough to slide everything in place then just evaporates spit also works ?

49D63A58-14D2-4E04-AFEB-24AA507951E5.png

FF489768-EAED-4BF3-8394-A52BCD47F5A7.jpeg

D2C6EED9-ADA5-4B4F-8C8C-3A407DD90550.jpeg

Thanks for posting that.....it’s a great idea and I will definitely be giving it a go.

3 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

Was looking on aFacebook and a guy who makes and sells band sets was saying it was a blunt cutter that causes the band to snap prematurely 

Could be, but funnily enough I’ve just put a new one in a week back. I reckon like you said I might be maxing them out or I’m tying too tight at pouch.