Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dervburner

Pigeons 🐦

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, si brown said:

I recon about 70ish at 56ftlb but the new ones are better and turn out more 

By new, do you mean with the power plenum already installed?

Share this post


Link to post

56 minutes ago, Phill-W68 said:

By new, do you mean with the power plenum already installed?

Yeah.. the old ones work fine but the power plenum lets you run more shots per fill 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yep , more shots at a lower reg pressure 

my .25 impact is running at 72 ftlbs on 125 bar reg pressure with the power plenum fitted . Anyone who has a FAC older impact then these power plenum are worth fitting 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, villaman said:

Yep , more shots at a lower reg pressure 

my .25 impact is running at 72 ftlbs on 125 bar reg pressure with the power plenum fitted . Anyone who has a FAC older impact then these power plenum are worth fitting 

What do you think would probably be a good reg pressure for a .22 impact with 700mm barrel vm?  Mine is at 95 bar at the moment and I haven’t tried it at any other pressure other than 65 bar that it was set at (32ft lb)out of the box. It’s got a power plenum and it was running at around 43 ft lb on maximum at 95 bar reg pressure with 21 grain slugs. I’ve turned the hammer spring tension down a bit and it’s at 40ft lb now on max. Would going up to 125 bar be an advantage in .22 or do you think it would be too much ?  Sorry about all the questions vm,  but I know you have the .22 crown as well and a lot of experience with these fac fx’s .

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

What do you think would probably be a good reg pressure for a .22 impact with 700mm barrel vm?  Mine is at 95 bar at the moment and I haven’t tried it at any other pressure other than 65 bar that it was set at (32ft lb)out of the box. It’s got a power plenum and it was running at around 43 ft lb on maximum at 95 bar reg pressure with 21 grain slugs. I’ve turned the hammer spring tension down a bit and it’s at 40ft lb now on max. Would going up to 125 bar be an advantage in .22 or do you think it would be too much ?  Sorry about all the questions vm,  but I know you have the .22 crown as well and a lot of experience with these fac fx’s .

You want to  be shooting H&N slugs around 920-970 FPS . I shoot them through the crown at 925-930 about 40 ftlbs . Best thing is to try it at 120 and see what the shot count is like and accuracy 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, villaman said:

Yep , more shots at a lower reg pressure 

my .25 impact is running at 72 ftlbs on 125 bar reg pressure with the power plenum fitted . Anyone who has a FAC older impact then these power plenum are worth fitting 

Wow crazy, what weight pellet is that vm?

Share this post


Link to post
On 01/08/2020 at 20:19, si brown said:

Yeah.. the old ones work fine but the power plenum lets you run more shots per fill 

Have you fitted the power plenum Si.

Phil

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, philpot said:

Have you fitted the power plenum Si.

Phil

na.. dont think I need to Phil , I set impact up yesterday to shoot the hades, turned power down got it running well at 880fps and recon I got 80'ish shots off last night before I needed to top up!

although the fx slugs were w@nk in mine I had it launching them at 1050fps without the power plenum. 

save your pennies Phil :good:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, Phill-W68 said:

Wow crazy, what weight pellet is that vm?

21 gr H&N slugs 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, philpot said:

Have you fitted the power plenum Si.

Phil

Phil my mate fitted one to his ( my old one ) and 600 mm barrel running at  62 ftlbs on 130 reg   , now he has tuned it to  900 FPS with JSB mk2 33.9 gr , absolutely brilliant, yes worth £113 All day long 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 31/07/2020 at 16:59, si brown said:

Nice going dev, there a good bit of kit!

once you get use to it you’ll be stretching it way further👍

Yarp, a few years ago I’d never have thought I’d shoot a rabbit beyond a 100 yards with an air rifle. This one was 112, popped its eyes out. The two before this, I over compensated and missed over the top. 

C84BA9A5-03D1-49FE-A040-DC4F2FDF1CCF.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...