Eventually got it

Been given the right run around by this cub this last week that’s been killing chickens daylight as well as after dark ,those that get shut out .
Farmer saw it kill 3 chickens last week and one of the workers saw it brazenly jump the electric fence and make off out the other side with a chicken ,having snatched the bird from within the scratch are last light .Every time ive  been over there ,ive  either not seen it or it’s run off into long grass .Its only young but appears to know all about infrared light .

Anyway ,not to be beaten ,I staked out  the shed it been killing from and luckily saw it before it saw me .

It was running down a dip in the  field ,didn’t stop and disappeared round the shed .I had walked the shed in daylight to see if any birds were shut out but didn’t see any .I heard a chicken getting killed and hurried to the corner of the building .Where  it found one I don’t know ,probably in the long grass .Thermal on and there it was just over some long grass and tearing at this now headless chicken .I was only about 60 yards and on sticks  already .Nv on and wallop ,100 grains of goodnight Vienna .

C8E055E9-B828-4B96-AFE9-E5C561ADF565.jpeg.9dab95b2dfe32a8b5af61c4468b96968.jpeg

• Like 13

Well done mate , one less chicken killer . I wonder about these electric fences . They just don’t stop foxes getting at the birds . The unit I look after has a really powerful 10 strand fence . They just run through it . They have the”freedom  food “ (RSPCA) in all but name , checking the place to make sure that everything is done to keep them secure from predators, so people like me don’t have to kill foxes . People want free range , but these farms will never be 100% safe from fox kills . 

• Like 1

Was there again last night mate .Wasnt a fox I saw go under the fence though and into the scratch area .Old brock couldn’t give a damn about the mains fencing clicking away on his back .Watched him check out both scratch areas then sprint to the next shed to do the same .Some of the chickens late going in are left in the scratch and very few of these make the morning .
The rats are building up again I see so back at them tonight with the air gun .

• Like 3