Dorset mackerel

I'm down in Dorset this weekend with my 7 year old. Will there be any mackerel trips from the harbours? Weymouth? If not I'll prob try Abbotsbury from the beach I guess. Never fished down there before. 

Hoping to take him fossil hunting 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We went fossil hunting in Lyme Regis. 

We are booked on at Lyme Regis tomorrow. Might cancel and get back up the motorway if people are saying its rough. No point waiting till dinner to hear its cancelled.  Long wet day with hounds to

Posted Images

Just now, DIDO.1 said:

I'm down in Dorset this weekend with my 7 year old. Will there be any mackerel trips from the harbours? Weymouth? If not I'll prob try Abbotsbury from the beach I guess. Never fished down there before. 

Hoping to take him fossil hunting 

I seen a sign by harbour but can't remember when they were allowed to start back up, think it was 14 th July,? Abbotsbury and West bexington is being hammered by Eastern European at the minute, lot staking their space by rods not in water, Abbotsbury is renamed tent city at the minute. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I seen a sign by harbour but can't remember when they were allowed to start back up, think it was 14 th July,? Abbotsbury and West bexington is being hammered by Eastern European at the minute, lot staking their space by rods not in water, Abbotsbury is renamed tent city at the minute. 

They are camping Hopes Nose and Berry Head hammering mackerel like a shit pit there now.

Cheers Arry

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
9 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

The lad isn't much interested in fishing so thought a boat would be better than the beach. Will have a ride round the harbours Sunday. 

My sister has booked a trip on a mackerel boat from Torbay for my nephews kids and I'm roped in. So I think they must be operating mate.

Cheers Arry

19 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

The lad isn't much interested in fishing so thought a boat would be better than the beach. Will have a ride round the harbours Sunday. 

Go to bennets chip shop by Quay £5 get you crab line bucket an net an they throw in cod offcuts for bait ? plenty families crabbing the harbour and towards old pier, by nothe Fort. Least he don't have to cast out. 

We have booked on a mackerel boat for 1.5 hours on Sunday. Got all day Friday free so will take my crab lines, got loads here from over the years. Hoping to do some fossil hunting as well. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Arry said:

They are camping Hopes Nose and Berry Head hammering mackerel like a shit pit there now.

Cheers Arry

Pic from last Thursday, my mrs and daughters in between stops. That was our first Mackrell trip we've ever done. 

You can just about make the dirty scrounging f@@kers out in the background on the old landing.

We had a walk there few days before and they'd got whole families down there at it. Wome and kids of all ages... full production line by looks of it!

I did actually notice a sign on the path down to Berry head saying maximum of 20 Mackrell per person!! 

20200716_131538-01-2.jpeg.f85fea84536beaf9bf409e2178070b2f.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bush Rummager said:

Pic from last Thursday, my mrs and daughters in between stops. That was our first Mackrell trip we've ever done. 

You can just about make the dirty scrounging f@@kers out in the background on the old landing.

We had a walk there few days before and they'd got whole families down there at it. Wome and kids of all ages... full production line by looks of it!

I did actually notice a sign on the path down to Berry head saying maximum of 20 Mackrell per person!! 

20200716_131538-01-2.jpeg.f85fea84536beaf9bf409e2178070b2f.jpeg

Yeah mate supposed to be 20 mackerel limit Berry Head and Hopes Nose but it's not being policed. Shame they don't give a f**k kill and eat every thing. 

Cheers Arry

• Like 2

Just landed in Dorset. A mate has a few shepherd's huts that he's never used, right on the river. I believe it was £70 a day here. Looks all weeded up ?. Few small trout about. Loads of crayfish claws but I forgot my trap! 

Metal detecting first, then set air rifle up cos there's rabbits everywhere. 

IMG_20200723_180703.jpg

• Like 3