The scarecrow!

The human scarecrow!!

Not an outstanding weekend on the pigeons over barley but I've kept them off it some. Some dumb misses and some cracking shots.  Had some fun under a slow flightline but it didn't last.

Today I used the 410 for a few birds. The strong wind was really spoiling it today.

There was no discernible line to target birds with tempting deeks.

Any how I had a few birds for a few hours each day from Friday to Sunday.

1393828141_IMG_20200703_1740092102.jpg.9bf7b38ce55f7dfd6d315ed720c97f9e.jpg

IMG_20200703_173312774.jpg.76e950fed639a27cbd8be338dd556f17.jpg

I'm glad it's not to many, I can't handle to many so if I am a scarecrow then for scarecrows I know how to have fun being a scarecrow!

• Like 7

I’ve noticed pigeon on the barley. The barley they plant here is like some of the wheat now , it has shorter stems , less straw , but doesn’t fall over as easy  . I noticed the birds were feeding  on the edges and on some really short patches . One of the beaters had a day on them on Thursday and only managed a few , for what was a lot of banging. They weren’t decoying very well and he said only a few came to the pattern and magnet . 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I’ve noticed pigeon on the barley. The barley they plant here is like some of the wheat now , it has shorter stems , less straw , but doesn’t fall over as easy  . I noticed the birds were feeding  on the edges and on some really short patches . One of the beaters had a day on them on Thursday and only managed a few , for what was a lot of banging. They weren’t decoying very well and he said only a few came to the pattern and magnet . 

Same here and a lot of banging ??‍♂️

• Like 1