HW97K .22 Advice?

On 18/06/2020 at 20:12, mark williams said:

I would go Sports Match or BKL mounts and have never noticed a one piece mount better a set of mounts with the Sports Match or BKL .

Sports Match on the HW97K wearing the Hawke Endurance scope, checked weekly and very rarely needs tweaking in the last three years.

IMG_1309.JPG.849ac729d46dd446f21a87a8e9714867.JPG

Some really nice shooting Mark, who shot it for you mate...............................................?

Phil

• Haha 2

Been out and the rifle shoots fantastic, zeroed in at 28 yards, it grouped well and that’s probably me still getting used to the gun. It is so smooth with little recoil, the more I shot it, it seemed to get smoother! Took 3 rabbits with it at 30 yards so well chuffed, there is something very satisfying about shooting a Springer!

Its my first time with a Springer, now tuned with a Vortek PG3 by agrtuning.

Tony is a top bloke, thanks for recommending him Si ? 

• Like 3

They are bostin good when fettled ,mine has a welsh willy kit in.polished internals  and a hair curler in the mod  .40 yds is no dramas .On first stripdown the HW curse ,swarf n crud n grease but cleaned and polished then the w/w kit and bob,s your uncle .

Put 2 tins diabalo fields through to bed in, repaired the holes in my shed and put some paint on so the mrs didnt kill me :icon_redface:

Love them can seem a bit heavy but trigger sticks take the load well as you know and the rabbits do too atb

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Gaoler said:

Can the sound moderator be improved on the 97K?

I don't think you can ever make a springer quiet like a pcp rifle but the Swift Stumpy I fitted to my old TX did have a slight improvement and I am guessing the 97 would be similar.

Phil

Just come back from shooting with the 97K, trying to get plenty of practise! Re-zeroed with the Weirhauch F&T Diabolo pellets in .22, the groupings are tight, and it shot lovely with them, I even managed to take a rabbit at 45 yards, it fell straight over (more of a fluke I think!)

1 question, the cocking arm catch, is it best to lube it with oil, or use a bit of gun grease?

Cheers...

Edited by Gaoler
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, mark williams said:

Hmmmmm  :hmm:,

Not sure now, definitely was`nt you  :rofl: :laugh:

Very very true there Mark but I am working towards it.  That has taken a long time for you to respond, quick as ever marky ?

Phil

• Haha 1