Shoot days and lockdown

How do we all think shoot days will be affected by this lockdown social distancing   etc     my own worry is we are coming out this lockdown  just a little to early and this may cause  tighter sanctions or another lock down 

Another lockdown in the autumn would finish alot of shoots,let's be positive and hope it burns it self out,I would agree with you I think he should have got the numbers getting it daily below 100 has we are still in the thousands could run like wild fire.

I was thinking below 50  but at same time if it had of been 100 I'd of been ok we that  like you still to many deaths  lockdown getting eased    my worry bit of a ticking time bomb with hotter weather  etc

I can see the concerns about coming out too early but what about the hospitality industry? If they don’t get a summer season their business could be finished.

I work for a syndicate and their attitude is if it happens it happens, they have paid their subs and they wish to continue, they feel that it is important to keep the shooting industry going and support their keeper (me) , the game farm and feed suppliers. That is also the attitude of a shoot owner I talked to the other day , he said that shooting has been very good to his family, it’s allowed him a good lifestyle and put his kids through school , and if it’s a bad year it’s a bad year but he felt he owed it to the industry to keep going . 
         I think personally that the government has put every death in the country down to Covid -19 , our local hospital saw the peak at Easter since then they have been fairly quiet. The statistics are that if you are under 60 years old and no underlying health issues you are going to be ok . Should we bankrupt the country and countless businesses over this ? I feel that the social and economic fallout from an extended lockdown will be worse than the disease itself.

• Like 1

I don't think the government can win either way, it's going to be interesting when the government schemes to safe jobs and businesses finish how many will be financially strong enough to start back up, hope now you have decided to go ahead with your shoot it all comes good for you, fingers crossed.