Roe in S.Wales....???

in molls link, it states thet muntys live 15 miles either side of the entire m4 corridoor in wales!? anyone seen any! theres a fella on a local shoot who reckons he shot one in west wales thinking it was a fox!

he shouldnt have a licence if he did that .

whatever pal, "it is told that there has been a sighting of one in west wales" is that better? :doh:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not to hard to tell the differance between the two is it , not the wisest of thing running around shooting things when you havnt identified them is it . dont want a argument just saying how i see it , i hope they do spread for you they provide plenty of fun .

The cwmbran escapees are fallow they are only half a mile from my house, and the only roe in south wales are in the freezers :whistling::whistling::clapper:
well if you think they are all in the freezers you dont get out very often if your only in cwmbran im 15 miles from you let me know when your ready and i will show you herds of em not 25 miles from you and if your very good and not intent on taking the piss when something is posted i will show you a dog pulling one and you can put one in your freezer pm me when your ready pal i dont mind doing a favour

how big are the herds of roe there matey????

I am very interested in the spread of deer...i am trying to document the deer populations in the UK.... :thumbs:

very big herds widespread in south wales what people dont realise is the amount of forestation in wales the forest of dean borders on monmouthshire margam park in port talbot thousands of acres of forestry land over the years there as been large numbers escaping from there and breeding i have been present when red stags have been shot on the hills above port talbot only last year porthcawl is another hot spot for deer maesteg is holding large amounts of deer theres a golf course approx ten miles from where i live where the ranger shot over sixty on there last year that was just on the golf course this land borders a large estate on the herefordshire border deer are prolific breeders and dont venture far out onto small land in england on the big estates you see them out in the daytime because they are not bothered so much and they dont have the cover like they do with the forestation like it is in wales if your prepared to travel done to wales im quite prepared to take you out and show you these numbers last year i was selling deer for as little as 25 quid a piece around the hotels and sickened em with the amount and ended up feeding them to the dogs i can travel from my home now 7 miles and see twenty to thirty in a couple of fields and this is just one spot there are plenty more spots like that

I aint taking the piss at all, i even know the boys who were involved in thier freedom, the fence(1 inch galv) makes good dog runs.

and ive seen dogs take them many times when the time was right, the only deer ive seen my side of hereford are fallow with herds of 60 plus around the rolls of monmouth golf club, i shoot not far from there and in the forrest of dean and the roe are very rare in there, oh and thats england there is only a very tiny bit that is truly WELSH......

Oh and dont worry about me i get out enough and know a roe when i see one........................

DSCF2058-1.jpg

DSCF1994.jpg

DSCF1996.jpg

DSCF1891.jpg

DSCF1871.jpg

DSCF1861.jpg

DSCF1819.jpg

DSCF1687-1.jpg

DSCF1679-1.jpg

DSCF1528.jpg

DSCF1489-1.jpg

DSCF1492.jpg

Edited by apollo
I aint taking the piss at all, i even know the boys who were involved in thier freedom, the fence(1 inch galv) makes good dog runs.

and ive seen dogs take them many times when the time was right, the only deer ive seen my side of hereford are fallow with herds of 60 plus around the rolls of monmouth golf club, i shoot not far from there and in the forrest of dean and the roe are very rare in there, oh and thats england there is only a very tiny bit that is truly WELSH......

Oh and dont worry about me i get out enough and know a roe when i see one........................

DSCF2058-1.jpg

DSCF1994.jpg

DSCF1996.jpg

DSCF1891.jpg

DSCF1871.jpg

DSCF1861.jpg

DSCF1819.jpg

DSCF1687-1.jpg

DSCF1679-1.jpg

DSCF1528.jpg

DSCF1489-1.jpg

DSCF1492.jpg

Apollo

i get out enough and know a roe when i see one

You need to get out more to Specsavers :whistling: There are some very strange looking "Roe" in that set of pictures! :doh::thumbs:

There are? yeah i was making my point that i get out enough and dont need to be taken and shown what i know aint there and threw in a few pics of roe aswell..

A mate of mine lives in bracknell up your way and he shoots, runs his lurchers and flys his hawks on all manner of game around there, we can only hope to have the roe you have one day but i dont think we will......

Edited by apollo
There are? yeah i was making my point that i get out enough and dont need to be taken and shown what i know aint there and threw in a few pics of roe aswell..

A mate of mine lives in bracknell up your way and he shoots, runs his lurchers and flys his hawks on all manner of game around there, we can only hope to have the roe you have one day but i dont think we will......

Bracknell is only about 10 miles from me and I have 2 shoots there (although one of them likes to think he is Ascot). And YES, even in Bracknell there are loads of Roe and plenty of Muntjac.

Cheers

Deker