Been shooting dobber a couple of years but still hit n miss on shots,I'm using theraband gold ,whacked a tree rat the other day body shot and it may as well, have told me to f off.8.5mm steel,I measure the bands act so when I pull back the band is maxed out...also how to increase my accuracy I've done the whole anchor point ectI'm right handed and hold my catty in the right hand n pull back with the left..is that right? Cheers in advance ,theres some seriously good shots on here.

20 hours ago, Scentchaser said:

Been shooting dobber a couple of years but still hit n miss on shots,I'm using theraband gold ,whacked a tree rat the other day body shot and it may as well, have told me to f off.8.5mm steel,I measure the bands act so when I pull back the band is maxed out...also how to increase my accuracy I've done the whole anchor point ectI'm right handed and hold my catty in the right hand n pull back with the left..is that right? Cheers in advance ,theres some seriously good shots on here.

If the weather is cold theraband can lose its power plus I would use a slightly bigger bearing unless you are confident of headshots every time, I use a variety of ammo but mostly 10mm steels at the mo as I get them free from work, as a general rule of thumb if you are right handed you hold the fork in your left but eye dominance also plays a part, there is a little video just been put up that shows you how to find your dominant eye, another point often forgotten that has a big bearing on accuracy is your release of the pouch make it as smooth and jerk free as possible by just opening your finger, hope that helps and welcome on board take an hour to read over some old threads and most of your questions will be answered ✌️✌️

33 minutes ago, Greyman said:

If the weather is cold theraband can lose its power plus I would use a slightly bigger bearing unless you are confident of headshots every time, I use a variety of ammo but mostly 10mm steels at the mo as I get them free from work, as a general rule of thumb if you are right handed you hold the fork in your left but eye dominance also plays a part, there is a little video just been put up that shows you how to find your dominant eye, another point often forgotten that has a big bearing on accuracy is your release of the pouch make it as smooth and jerk free as possible by just opening your finger, hope that helps and welcome on board take an hour to read over some old threads and most of your questions will be answered ✌️✌️

Cheers greyman,dominant eye is my right,I'm using single band,and no chance of a head shot...???

• Like 1
On 09/03/2020 at 20:51, Scentchaser said:

your bands have to match your ammo  . If I use straight  double 15 mm wide theraband gold  I shoot 9.5 mm bb say . the band may be a little heavy but its ok . low speed of ammo or bands that are to heavy will effect accuracy .

8 hours ago, barrywhite said:

your bands have to match your ammo  . If I use straight  double 15 mm wide theraband gold  I shoot 9.5 mm bb say . the band may be a little heavy but its ok . low speed of ammo or bands that are to heavy will effect accuracy .

I think mine are tapered bands also,from your experience are straight bands better?atb scentchaser

5 minutes ago, Scentchaser said:

I think mine are tapered bands also,from your experience are straight bands better?atb scentchaser

Hi scentchaser, I've hunted and killed with both tapered and straight bands. 

I believe im correct in saying that tapered accelerate quicker but I found that straight cut lasted longer. 

The only real advice I can give you is practice, practice, practice and when you think you've got it practice some more ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, bunny bandit said:

Hi scentchaser, I've hunted and killed with both tapered and straight bands. 

I believe im correct in saying that tapered accelerate quicker but I found that straight cut lasted longer. 

The only real advice I can give you is practice, practice, practice and when you think you've got it practice some more ?

I'm okay at stuff on the ground soon as it's up a tree it all goes to pot????

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Scentchaser said:

I have messed with tapered bands did not get on with them haven't bothered to go back and try more  . dont think its that big a deal straight or tapered .  straight bands like tubes last a bit longer . today there is so many ways to go when I was younger the choice was square rubber  3/16 or 1/4 inch , rubber bands or old push bike inner tube . You will just have to try different things

• Like 2