A very frustrating evening

Last nights foxing adventure was a trip to the pheasant shoot, now last time I was there we didn’t see a thing but as the weather was looking favourable with no moon and warm for this time of year I decided to give it another go, on arrival we headed to a part of the shooting know as the piggeries as this spot is well known for fox traffic, after 15 minutes or so Hugo’s dad spotted one a long way off through the thermal and with the hare call on full volume it wasn’t long before we peaked its interest and it started heading down the hedge back, at approximately 200 yards it decided to make a mad dash across the field in the opposite direction, across a road and out of site, never to be seen again. 15 minutes later this time with a rabbit distress call and a few rabbits in the field out darted the next fox no more than 25 yards up from us after one of the rabbits in the field, immediately noticed there was something a miss and shot back from the direction it came. Next one took about 30 minutes to show itself at the very top of the field we were in, approximately 800 yards away, again with the caller on full belt hare call this one would look and then just move along the hedge, by this time Hugo’s dad was getting a bit fed up and switched the caller to vixen in heat, instantly the fox started going mental calling and screaming so we thought this was the one, next thing there was a second fox with it and after a quick scrap the both buggered off, now I was fed up so said we’d head back to the farm and have a call in the beast field. On arrival ( and I’m not making this up ) there was a fox sat on the track with my car as the back stop, so we just had to watch it trot off into the wood, hopefully if the weather holds out I’ll give it another go tomorrow night, anybody who thinks this game is easy needs to have a night out with me when the whole world is against me ☹️?

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

That is what you call Sod’s law stav... there’s a reason I didn’t put myself forward for foxing for years and it’s sinking in now?

With two x-wives behind me you’d think I’d of had enough head wrecking?

is it not blowing a hoolie over your way?!

its been relentless here for the last month?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

It was calm last night, when I left I came back through Helmsley and it was blowing a gale, which is mad because it’s 5 minutes from the shoot, I was there today and it was wild, started snowing when left about half 5

its the worst ive known it for years, I can recall bad times as my work generally ends up on the floor and im out of pocket!

ive managed one full week at work since November :censored:

had a go at snowing here this aft but never amounted to out!

Just now, Stavross said:

It’s been a nightmare, I can’t remember the last time I had a week where I wasn’t wet for at least two days of the week, we definitely deserve a good spring and summer after this lot

Ya should try our summers ?

4 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Don’t you just have two seasons up there, 3 months of autumn and 9 months of winter ? 

did a job up faslane one summer..

got eaten by bugs and the only time I wasn't getting eaten by them little feckers it was pi55in down side ways!!

Newcastle is far enough north for me:thumbs:

• Haha 1

Durham is far enough for me, once I get north of the Tyne unless they come with subtitles I’m knackered, which is odd because once you are 10 miles past Newcastle it’s like been back in England and I can understand everything they are saying to me ( even if it is just calling me a smoggy tw*t )

• Haha 4
30 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

If it was easy it'd get boring mate. 

I nearly got bottled once in liverpool after asking some twát if I press 888 can I get him with subtitles! 

I wouldn’t mind if it was just one that got the better of me, but all 4 of them mugged me off ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1