New toys now sorted

Some weeks ago, I put in a variation application for a .22 wmr, .22 semi auto and a .223 but there was quite a delay with the .223 so after several conversations with the licensing dept, both my pal and myself dropped the .223 from the request with the intention of reapplying for the .223 at a later date but in the meantime they are checking out all the land / farms we have shooting rights on. 

So with the variation on route we started to look for a wmr which is not found on every street corner but there were still quite to be had although many were at the other end of the country and as I am not keen on buying without seeing I was not ready to jump into a purchase.  One of my regular RFDs had a nice Savage and could get a Ruger for my pal but a phone call to an RFD which whilst not far away, I had never been in and low and behold, he had two CZ wmr rifles in stock.  My pal and myself went straight over to look st what he had in. A brand new CZ 455 Varmint and a mint s/h CZ 452 sporter with scope and mod, both guns were going to be bought, just needed to decide who was having which.

Decision made, I was having the new CZ 455 walnut and a deal was done linking a Wildcat Panther mod and after some thought a also bought a nice Boyds laminate stock, all of which were at a favourable price.  A trip to my regular RFD and a Hawke Endurance 4-16 x 50 was also added to the list.  

Now desparate to get out when these bloody wind / storms have eased off.

20200223_161422_zpsnz4idlx2.jpg

20200223_161305_zpsh6dnogys.jpg

20200223_172827_zpsa96bxagt.jpg

Phil

• Like 4

Whatever you do, don't go out across the fields with all that bloody lot on board.  The ground is so boggy that you'll go up to the nuts in mud with that weight.  still no doubt we'll have a hose pipe ban soon.

• Haha 5

I will be sitting in comfortable seat, not a stalking rifle and I may well pop on a lighter scope yet because that looks massive with the pard, side wheel, sun shade and rangefinder fitted.  Bait up, call and wait is my intention not walking miles.

Phil

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, philpot said:

I will be sitting in comfortable seat, not a stalking rifle and I may well pop on a lighter scope yet because that looks massive with the pard, side wheel, sun shade and rangefinder fitted.  Bait up, call and wait is my intention not walking miles.

Phil

Pinky promise?

Had you better take some oxygen with you just in case?

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, villaman said:

Nice Phil , what do you think of the Boyed stocks ? 
I have order a GRS hunter stock for the 17 HMR tikka  at a good price £250 

I love the GRS stocks Mitch and would have the Bifrost any day of the week but the Boyds stock was a silly price and not to be walked away from.  It is a nice stock which has a good feel in the shoulder but if a GRS Berserk or Bifrost was available at silly prices, that is what I would have in a heart beat.

Phil