FX Impact and Crown FAC

1 hour ago, Dervburner said:

Sportsman gun centre have them in stock. Standard impacts are 600mm barrels and all fac models now have power plenum. Longer or shorter barrels can be ordered, they have these models in stock also. Spoke to them on the phone this morning. Is 600mm a good compromise length for .22 fac? Others available are 500mm and 700mm. I was told that they come with 600mm barrels unless a different length is specified.

I swapped my 600 for a 700!

The power and FPS went up without altering anything when I swapped them over so I recon I get more shots over the smaller as I can turn me reg down to get the same as the 600 but mines .25 

Should imagine it’ll be the same for the .22 and if your gonna be launching slugs about I’d go for the 700

• Like 2

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you go for one try and get a fresh one that’s not been on display, the thing Phil is talking about in an above post is that the main cause of problems is messing with the power while cocked... it w

Cant speak for ether in fac but iv had both in sub 12 and the crown was the one i fell for iv never had a rifle that accurate before and iv had some i can tell you. Yes i like the impac

Been using and abusing my impact for nearly two years and never had a problem, might look a bit marmite but it’s a proper pest control gun.. I throw it in the car boot then the cabinet and back out in

If I were to buy another, it would be with both 600 and 700mm barrels. Most people who have the 700mm barrels are pleased they go that route but as I have not tried one cannot really comment other than to say I have only known the 600mm barrel and that has served me well.  Why would I have a 600mm barrel if I have a 700mm barrel, well on shorter range ratting, pigeon and rabbits, I like the shorter gun but with the advent of slugs, the longer barrel is a far better bet from what I have gleened.

Phil

• Like 1

That’s food for thought fellas, thanks. I’m not sure if I’m going down the slugs route, as I have rimfires anyway. I will definitely try them though. It’s weighing up length against handling  as you know. I will be shooting from a vehicle quite a bit. I do realise that the longer barrel will be more efficient though.  
so the question is, will I regret the extra four inches, or will it turn out to be an asset??.    ?

1 hour ago, si brown said:

I swapped my 600 for a 700!

The power and FPS went up without altering anything when I swapped them over so I recon I get more shots over the smaller as I can turn me reg down to get the same as the 600 but mines .25 

Should imagine it’ll be the same for the .22 and if your gonna be launching slugs about I’d go for the 700

How much did the power/fps  go up by si? Did you notice much difference in weight and handling?

20 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

That’s food for thought fellas, thanks. I’m not sure if I’m going down the slugs route, as I have rimfires anyway. I will definitely try them though. It’s weighing up length against handling  as you know. I will be shooting from a vehicle quite a bit. I do realise that the longer barrel will be more efficient though.  
so the question is, will I regret the extra four inches, or will it turn out to be an asset??.    ?

That is one for you to work out DB but I will say I shoot mine quite a bit from the car on our largest estate and find the 600mm barrel spot on and I am not going to help here because the 700mm will still work, it is just me sticking to my saying,  Short and thick does the trick,  well that is what I tell my wife  ?

Phil

• Haha 2
55 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

How much did the power/fps  go up by si? Did you notice much difference in weight and handling?

Think it went up 60-70 FPS and it’s sitting about 56ftlb at 130bar. 
As for handling no difference as all the weights at the back with an impact, i shoot out of a 3 series with mine?

As for an extra four inch?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, villaman said:

Haven’t you got one yet , 

Phoned sportsman yesterday morning and they had .22’s in stock in 500mm,600mm and 700mm. Looked on website last night and the 600 & 700 are now out of stock. I know where there is one near me, think it’s 600mm and it’s got the power plenum, but it’s a display model and like si says, probably best to order a fresh one. I’m going to phone them again to find out when more .22 fac models will be due in. I don’t want the “compact” 500mm model.

7 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Phoned sportsman yesterday morning and they had .22’s in stock in 500mm,600mm and 700mm. Looked on website last night and the 600 & 700 are now out of stock. I know where there is one near me, think it’s 600mm and it’s got the power plenum, but it’s a display model and like si says, probably best to order a fresh one. I’m going to phone them again to find out when more .22 fac models will be due in. I don’t want the “compact” 500mm model.

Hmmm makes you wonder what they do have in stock .................................................. full of bull.

Phil

4 minutes ago, philpot said:

Hmmm makes you wonder what they do have in stock .................................................. full of bull.

Phil

They seem a bit thin on the ground atm,  even livens only have one .22 impact in stock and that one’s 12ft lb.? 

There’s one thing though, in this shit weather I wouldn’t be out playing with a new toy anyway. It would just be sat there teasing me?

48 minutes ago, philpot said:

Phil

They have a fair few Phil , but when the come in they have to basically rebuild them  , which takes time  , specially when 900 guns came to sportsman in the last few weeks. Apparently they have been working shifts to get them built and ready to go on sale 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, philpot said:

Quote;--  but when the come in they have to basically rebuild them

Oh that fills me with confidence Mitch.

What it is Phil , when they get shipped over to here , it means they go through Germany and Germany airguns are no more than 6ftlbs , so any airguns which have a stop over must be under 6 ftlbs and that’s why sporting gun have  to re tune to uk  limit and FAC for licence holders 

Why do you assume they go through Germany Mitch, you may be right but that makes no sense at all. Why would any company sending product to the UK send via a country who will alter the guns while passing through the country then alter again when they get to the uk.  

It’s only what I have been told by sporting gun , not only once but many times by different staff . 
I have got to known  most of the staff in the Dorset branch now  and they all say the same

I believe the guns come from Sweden running at 6 ftlbs because of going through Germany