FX Impact and Crown FAC

Sorry about this again but I’ve been doing a bit of research on these two. The new Mk2 Impact with power plenum looks like a good tool, but how does it compare to the Crown? I’m considering the Crown continuum that comes with two barrels, 380mm and 700mm. These would be in .22 calibre and I’m looking for advice on these please. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you go for one try and get a fresh one that’s not been on display, the thing Phil is talking about in an above post is that the main cause of problems is messing with the power while cocked... it w

Cant speak for ether in fac but iv had both in sub 12 and the crown was the one i fell for iv never had a rifle that accurate before and iv had some i can tell you. Yes i like the impac

Been using and abusing my impact for nearly two years and never had a problem, might look a bit marmite but it’s a proper pest control gun.. I throw it in the car boot then the cabinet and back out in

11 hours ago, villaman said:

Impact all day long  

you can take it down to sub 12 the up to 50 + ftlbs . Crown is a fantastic gun but impact is a tad better and as you know I ave both 

That’s what made me think about it, the adjustment range, particularly on the new model with the power plenum. Also, do you notice a difference in shot count/power output ratio with the power plenum? I much prefer the look of the crown and I thought it was a done deal, but I’m not so sure now. Also I’m considering reliability, as I’ve read that there’s more to go wrong with the impact? How do they compare for handling with a scope fitted, Ive only handled them in shops with no scope fitted?

Something about the Impact to shoulder and shoot which is quite different to any other gun or at least I find it so and despite the looks of the Crown, which is lovely, I would have another Impact in a heartbeat.............................................then I might have a Crown but neither of those things will happen so I won't concern myself with the thought, anyway I have just spent my pocket money on new gun.

Phil

• Like 1

Cant speak for ether in fac but iv had both in sub 12

and the crown was the one i fell for iv never had a rifle that accurate before

and iv had some i can tell you.

Yes i like the impact love the way it looks but thought it was to small for me

felt i was to hunched up with it some thing a mate pointed out to me as well

the crown was a different ball game all together it was spot on from the start 

my advice is shoulder them both first (with scopes fitted if you can)

and as turning it from 12 to 50 you can do that with the crown as well

can you not .

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 2
2 hours ago, philpot said:

Something about the Impact to shoulder and shoot which is quite different to any other gun or at least I find it so and despite the looks of the Crown, which is lovely, I would have another Impact in a heartbeat.............................................then I might have a Crown but neither of those things will happen so I won't concern myself with the thought, anyway I have just spent my pocket money on new gun.

Phil

Have you experienced any problems with the impact Phil?

Been using and abusing my impact for nearly two years and never had a problem, might look a bit marmite but it’s a proper pest control gun.. I throw it in the car boot then the cabinet and back out into the field and it never loses zero?

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Have you experienced any problems with the impact Phil?

The only issue I had was with the old slide out shroud because after about 18 months I was getting some pellet clipping, sent it back to ASI who did a full service, replaced the sliding shroud for a fixed shroud, all FOC and it has never given any trouble at all since then and we are another 2 years down the road so 3.5 years in total and what a fantastic gun, I could never see myself selling it.   My shooting partner has on as well, both .25 fac and I can say he has the same opinion as me.  

Out and out work horses that do the business every time.

Phil

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, philpot said:

The only issue I had was with the old slide out shroud because after about 18 months I was getting some pellet clipping, sent it back to ASI who did a full service, replaced the sliding shroud for a fixed shroud, all FOC and it has never given any trouble at all since then and we are another 2 years down the road so 3.5 years in total and what a fantastic gun, I could never see myself selling it.   My shooting partner has on as well, both .25 fac and I can say he has the same opinion as me.  

Out and out work horses that do the business every time.

Phil

Thanks for that Phil? A shop near me has one of the latest ones with the power plenum in .22 fac so it could be the one??

• Like 1

It is true that one person every now and then doesn't get on with the Impact or they fart around tuning and tweeking without knowledge of the gun and do damage then blame the gun which has happened BUT the vast majority of guys find the gun to be just what they hope for.  Have a good look at it DB and then you can post a photo of you holding your new Impact.....

Phil

• Like 2
10 hours ago, philpot said:

It is true that one person every now and then doesn't get on with the Impact or they fart around tuning and tweeking without knowledge of the gun and do damage then blame the gun which has happened BUT the vast majority of guys find the gun to be just what they hope for.  Have a good look at it DB and then you can post a photo of you holding your new Impact.....

Phil

Im going to have another look at it, hopefully next week ?. Handle it side by side with a 12ft lb crown that they have in stock. I’m leaning more towards the new impact though I think. Thanks for your input, decisions decisions  ?‍♂️. I even woke up with it on my mind?....oh dear.

4 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Im going to have another look at it, hopefully next week ?. Handle it side by side with a 12ft lb crown that they have in stock. I’m leaning more towards the new impact though I think. Thanks for your input, decisions decisions  ?‍♂️. I even woke up with it on my mind?....oh dear.

If you go for one try and get a fresh one that’s not been on display, the thing Phil is talking about in an above post is that the main cause of problems is messing with the power while cocked... it wrecks the internals!

not a problem altering the power just make sure it ain’t cocked if you buy one?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 22/02/2020 at 15:07, si brown said:

If you go for one try and get a fresh one that’s not been on display, the thing Phil is talking about in an above post is that the main cause of problems is messing with the power while cocked... it wrecks the internals!

not a problem altering the power just make sure it ain’t cocked if you buy one?

Sportsman gun centre have them in stock. Standard impacts are 600mm barrels and all fac models now have power plenum. Longer or shorter barrels can be ordered, they have these models in stock also. Spoke to them on the phone this morning. Is 600mm a good compromise length for .22 fac? Others available are 500mm and 700mm. I was told that they come with 600mm barrels unless a different length is specified.