Slugs by eley wasps

Only got 5 off si but i can see what there going to be like out to 30yrds in my sub 12 fx,crown

now there is not enough to scope the rifle into them so it will be a point and shoot group

if i can get one lol.

There 20+grain not sure of the exact wait may be si could shed some light on them.

im also going to try the jsb 18+gr pellets in her as well as iv had it from a good source that there bloody good in the crown in sub 12.

Now just need the weather to change ,

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

IMG_20191126_112354.jpg

IMG_20191126_112415.jpg

• Like 1

On 26/11/2019 at 12:30, villaman said:

Are these new or old?

These are old now, 30 grains. I have two tins of them (300 in a tin) labelled Eley Wasp Magnum. They were originally bought to use in a Theoben Eliminator, but the Eliminator didn’t like them. I achieved reasonable groups with them with my little contour, but I only tried them at 15 yards and muzzle energy was down compared to bisley magnums etc. They performed much better than h&n rabbit magnums though. The contour sprayed the rabbit magnums all over the place. Some .25 slugs for sale on eBay as well, might be worth a try for anyone with an fac .25?

CA2BFE31-53E6-4563-AA14-D8C70025A8EA.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Well my crown has the new smooth twist liner in her and these slugs are no good what so ever

fist one came out fine the second did not come out had to remove the barrel to get the slug out

put the rest in the bin .

Im not trying any more,, pellets only lol

1 hour ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Well my crown has the new smooth twist liner in her and these slugs are no good what so ever

fist one came out fine the second did not come out had to remove the barrel to get the slug out

put the rest in the bin .

Im not trying any more,, pellets only lol

Is it the eley‘s that are no good in the crown jimmy?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Is it the eley‘s that are no good in the crown jimmy?

Yes lol

not putting any make in now lol

Ill stick to pellets thank you very much ?

what gets me is the first one came out ok

9 hours ago, philpot said:

Poor manufacturing tolerances I am guessing which is not what I would expect from Eley.

Phil

I have a couple of tins of these and they seem well made to me. They shoot ok in my contour but at 30 grains, the range is obviously short. In fact, they feed really smoothly from the contour’s pellet fussy magazine, but so do h&n rabbit magnums and they shoot really badly in the same gun.