Pard 008 query

A question for my shooting partner.

Last week we set zero as a starting point of 25mt, perfect.   Today I had a call from my pal saying that it was off zero by approx 3'' soooooo how could this happen. My pal removed the battery when he got home last week from the range and didn't replace it until today, could that have lost zero. 

Any ideas please guys.

Phil

• Like 1

Hang on boys. This is the standard 008 not lrf or with updated firmware so I thought there was only one zero profile. The zero was set last week and nothing else done to it except to switch it off and remove the battery.

19 hours ago, philpot said:

Hang on boys. This is the standard 008 not lrf or with updated firmware so I thought there was only one zero profile. The zero was set last week and nothing else done to it except to switch it off and remove the battery.

Ok got that ,as above make sure the mounts are are tight and check the barrel has no dirt between it and the stock,what kind of rifle is it on,wf

• Thanks 1

Thank you guys, I have passed on all your feedback.

I don't know how it could not register the zero Sean because when the cross hairs have been moved to the poi and 'OK' pressed, it is registered/locked in unless I/we have misunderstood the process.

It is on a Browning T-bolt .22lr using subs ammo.

Just an update, my pal checked the extra picatiny rail and 008 studs and they were not tight. It is all now tightened up and he is off to the range to set zero this morning. I think without doubt this was the issue, schoolboy error as we thought eachother had tightened the all the fixings 

Thanks guys

Phil

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, philpot said:

Just an update, my pal checked the extra picatiny rail and 008 studs and they were not tight. It is all now tightened up and he is off to the range to set zero this morning. I think without doubt this was the issue, schoolboy error as we thought eachother had tightened the all the fixings 

Thanks guys

Phil

I recon everyone who shoots has done it Phil... I know I have!

more than once?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1