Not a buck to be seen

First morning out at my old new deer spot, I arrived just after first light with high hopes of grassing a late season buck, the morning looked perfect and after only 5 minutes I came across a stunning doe in the mist with the first of the sunshine making her look almost golden, after another 20 minutes or so walking towards the top of the farm I came across another much smaller animal a good 300 yards away, after getting closer this also turned out to be a doe, so no bucks seen today and maybe tomorrow will be the last day to have a look for one, even though I didn’t get one today it was still somewhere very special to be this time of year and at that time of day ?

88D82AB7-86F1-40AB-A79E-4345206EF2EE.jpeg

A676FE89-8512-4613-8BE3-5432E50F8984.jpeg

• Like 10

Your lucky try working with vodka loving deadbeats ,beautiful day and ive got to go around the wrekin to get there as we have more river than roads hereabouts .Trent,Dove,Derwent all now  on the roads in various places .Still at least  1 of us is out there.Roll on Friday get my ass to Sussex for the Fallow cull :thumbs:

• Like 2

Well I never managed to bag myself a buck before the end of the season, but I did give the opportunity to someone else just before dark last night he managed one, it would appear that this was a good one to take as he told me it was in poor condition, so fingers crossed I’ll get to take the first roe doe over the next couple of weeks, work, weather and all of life’s other inconvenience’s permitting 

49B753E9-6C45-45C5-A65B-0ED4B8B6628B.jpeg

3AC4DF49-B8CD-4464-B2B4-BA9F3C20C59F.png

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 4