H&N slugs

3 hours ago, villaman said:

slugs have just arrived , weight are 21 and 23 gr and after weighing 15 of each , they are only .02 gr difference  over 15 slugs weighed . Will try and test them tonight or tomorrow night 

Sound good weights them Mitch, can’t see them needing to much welly to get them to the magic number?
did you order the barrel from krale?!

got a slot for a 22, not sure how it works with swapping cals about?

1 hour ago, si brown said:

Sound good weights them Mitch, can’t see them needing to much welly to get them to the magic number?
did you order the barrel from krale?!

got a slot for a 22, not sure how it works with swapping cals about?

Yep, slug liner for crown and impact from Krale  

• Like 1

I also have a slot for a .22 barrel for the Impact which I was not going to bother with but a .22 barrel could be an interesting possibility although mine is not the 'X' barrel system so not sure where that puts me. I also think it is early days in the UK and other countries around Europe with slug / barrel / sleeve development so I will just hold back for now AND I have just bought the Tikka / scope but nevertheless interesting thoughts guys.

Phil

7 hours ago, philpot said:

I also have a slot for a .22 barrel for the Impact which I was not going to bother with but a .22 barrel could be an interesting possibility although mine is not the 'X' barrel system so not sure where that puts me. I also think it is early days in the UK and other countries around Europe with slug / barrel / sleeve development so I will just hold back for now AND I have just bought the Tikka / scope but nevertheless interesting thoughts guys.

Phil

Phil , if you do buy a barrel and liner then it will be the latest X liner and will fit yours 

• Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Can you guys educate me as to what liners are?

Ta, old see....

FX make different twist rate pellet and slug liners to go in there barrels . Basically you unscrew the liner from your barrel , then screw another one in , only takes couple of minutes 

1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

So are they smooth bore and a rifled section screws in like on a shotgun and screw in chokes?

they use to be smooth till the last two inch then choked and rifled but now there fully riffled but the rifling is pressed from the outside, they recon this way is better but im not so sure!!

the brass part slides into the action but can be swapped for all sorts of different calibers you change the pellet probe to suit cal and the 1/2" unf unscrews and you push in what liner/ twist rate you want ?

59A637A3-4741-4184-8130-510D2FB6E0D4.jpeg.436f185a08b20854e507a123716dd949.jpeg

FF49E28B-9E4E-4C84-BDD5-3F6DB7D52C18_1_201_a.jpeg.92cdd18c9ac2a8e6e386c0fd826f1342.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Must admit Si, I cannot get my head around an external twist, how the hell can that work.   As you know, I am a big FX fan and possibly the first on here to get an Impact but as much as I take on board all the superb technical break throughs that Fredrick has done with his company, this one has lost me (not difficult I hear you say). Perhaps one day it can be explained to me.

Phil

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, philpot said:

Must admit Si, I cannot get my head around an external twist, how the hell can that work.   As you know, I am a big FX fan and possibly the first on here to get an Impact but as much as I take on board all the superb technical break throughs that Fredrick has done with his company, this one has lost me (not difficult I hear you say). Perhaps one day it can be explained to me.

Phil

Trouble is Phil people your age seem to forget things , so pointless trying to explain to you   :laugh::thumbs:

• Haha 3