bi-pod needed

I have several bi-pods, an Atlas copy which is crap and a swivel/tilt Deben which is spot on but at 6-9'' it is too short. I was testing my Tikka with some new ammo today but my bi-pod is just too short so I want to get another or lowish stand of some kind but what to get. I should say that we tried the Trigger stick tripod at it's lowest level but it simply is not suited to shooting so low.  The cost of many of the pods used on the American youtube footage is really expensive (£250-450) which is way out of my reach so I want something that I could use for in the field target and rabbit shooting without it breaking my pension so ideas please guys.

Phil

11 hours ago, Daz Harrison said:

the Hawke tilt bipod is worth a look, ive just fitted one to my regal and im more than happy so far

Yes thanks Daz, I have a Deben/Hawke bi-pod which is good but after meeting up with my chums, Si and Jimmy yesterday, I am most grateful to Jimmy for loaning me on long term his Vanguard Porta Aim stand which will do the job very well of that I am certain.

Great to see you both yesterday guys and the sausage/bacon/black pud sarnie was magic Si. Hope you both had a good night last night.

Phil

• Like 2

For those of you that do not have any experience with the Vanguard Porta Aim, like me until Jimmy handed one over to me on Saturday, they are brilliant. So stable, very quick to adjust and the drop magnet locking system is amazing. Just tried it laying prone on the patio.............................Jimmy, well impressed mate.

20191028_105803_zpsuyembxq2.jpg

Just as a quick test, I place the rifle under the strap and pulled it tight (ish) to see how easy it is to lift the Vanguard up with the rifle to change position if on a rabbit and providing the locking ring was nipped up, the stand just lifts with the rifle into the new position. Cracking bit of kit.

Phil

• Like 1