Remington Tyrant .22

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just an update lads...50th today....Ordered from Sports guns Cardigan Remington Sabre TH .22 should be here next week!! Other birthday gifts.. Set of Hawke  one piece mounts medium

Not actually seen one but here is a review for you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5kRu78iYN8 To be honest it looks to be an ideal garden rifle for plinking and with the break barrel looki

Well lads  it was delivered this morning at 9.30am by sportsguns also known as Cardigan sports,well worth £19.50 delivery charge.I can't fault the level of customer service right from the time I place

Posted Images

Not actually seen one but here is a review for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5kRu78iYN8

To be honest it looks to be an ideal garden rifle for plinking and with the break barrel looking very easy to cock, may be well suited to kids as well. I don't think you could take this gun as a serious hunting rifle but for fun and coming in at £150 or there abouts including a scope and in some cases a gun slip as well, it seems to be good value. Please note that the shroud on the barrel is for cosmetic function only as the barrel runs to the end of the shroud so no sound supression.

If it takes your fancy, buy it but I think most people on here would say to spend a little more and but a higher quality rifle with a good pedigree such as a Weihrauch HW95 or 99 which can be tuned to perfection, then you will have a very capable rifle that will take down plenty of rabbits if you do your part.

As with any springer, you will need to put in the time practicing on the range, forgive me if I am teaching my granny to such eggs.

Phil

• Like 3
On 24/10/2019 at 13:21, philpot said:

Not actually seen one but here is a review for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5kRu78iYN8

To be honest it looks to be an ideal garden rifle for plinking and with the break barrel looking very easy to cock, may be well suited to kids as well. I don't think you could take this gun as a serious hunting rifle but for fun and coming in at £150 or there abouts including a scope and in some cases a gun slip as well, it seems to be good value. Please note that the shroud on the barrel is for cosmetic function only as the barrel runs to the end of the shroud so no sound supression.

If it takes your fancy, buy it but I think most people on here would say to spend a little more and but a higher quality rifle with a good pedigree such as a Weihrauch HW95 or 99 which can be tuned to perfection, then you will have a very capable rifle that will take down plenty of rabbits if you do your part.

As with any springer, you will need to put in the time practicing on the range, forgive me if I am teaching my granny to such eggs.

Phil

Thanks Phil,since I've read your reply...you've swung it for me the HW95k its going to be!!

• Like 1

Got the Remington  express in .22 ,gives 11.7lbs foot all day with AAfields ,claims 12lbft on the box but 11.7 is fine for hunting and plinking too .Nice chinese made "merican" airrifle ,loverly stock ,fits nice but the fake silencer doesnt do squat imho .

The HW 99 same power for a little bit more dosh but 50 in my pocket is quite a lot of pellets atb 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Baldcoot said:

Got the Remington  express in .22 ,gives 11.7lbs foot all day with AAfields ,claims 12lbft on the box but 11.7 is fine for hunting and plinking too .Nice chinese made "merican" airrifle ,loverly stock ,fits nice but the fake silencer doesnt do squat imho .

The HW 99 same power for a little bit more dosh but 50 in my pocket is quite a lot of pellets atb 

Hi Baldcoot,in another of your threads about the express you said you were using H&n ftt,have you changed to AAfields?

I think the HW99 is only giving out 10ftlbs,where the 95 is 11+,I must admit been a tough decision, I started off fancying the Webley vmx,then the Remington tyrant, and then the HW95?

I really do fancy a change leaning towards a tactical stock,I do admit I did previously look at the express,and since your reply had a good look at the Remington Express XP tactical. Its wanted for rabbit control day& night and a spot of general rat/pest control.Am I right that outside the UK these are capable of over 12ftlbs,same make&model?

Yes switched to AA fields about 2 weeks ago to try and very happy with them.H n N are fine but the fields I was given and seem more consistent imho.

Yes they're rated to 12lb,ft abroad. 

The Remington can be Tinbum tuned then will well  do over 12lb,ft .the guy I bought it from warned me to recover chrono after a 1000 pellets as it could go over with the right pellet anyway 

Atb

20 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Yes switched to AA fields about 2 weeks ago to try and very happy with them.H n N are fine but the fields I was given and seem more consistent imho.

Yes they're rated to 12lb,ft abroad. 

The Remington can be Tinbum tuned then will well  do over 12lb,ft .the guy I bought it from warned me to recover chrono after a 1000 pellets as it could go over with the right pellet anyway 

Atb

Is yours standard or got a tinbum kit fitted?

did you buy yours new or s/hand? and are they very loud on firing, sorry for so many questions.

Standard, not fitted a kit ,bought new .No louder than my supersport in.22 .Would benefit from a tune and polish to smooth the noise down but don't want to throw it over 12lb,ft so I'm waiting .

Currently on 570 pellets through and will have a look see after 1000 have been down the barell. 

Pellets are .22 Aa fields but can tell you the weight when I get home from work atb

1 hour ago, Baldcoot said:

Standard, not fitted a kit ,bought new .No louder than my supersport in.22 .Would benefit from a tune and polish to smooth the noise down but don't want to throw it over 12lb,ft so I'm waiting .

Currently on 570 pellets through and will have a look see after 1000 have been down the barell. 

Pellets are .22 Aa fields but can tell you the weight when I get home from work atb

I think they are 16grs,but think they come in 5.51&5.52?

Should be no problem ,ive tried 5 different pellets,some cheapp n nasty some decent and the size variation is a joke ,all claim .22 but some fall out <smk copper> and  some need a shove Fields and H n N and even Milbro Caladonian .The fields are labled 16gr but only 5.5 no mention of 5.51 or 5.52 but are a tight snug fit .But it is an old tin i was given so free is the best  price imho .

Trial and error ,go on ebay <boo hiss ,grr i know> and buy a few trial packs and see how you fare .Everyone has a favourite pellet but all rifles are different so knock a few beers cans down,punch some paper and see how it goes atb 

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Should be no problem ,ive tried 5 different pellets,some cheapp n nasty some decent and the size variation is a joke ,all claim .22 but some fall out <smk copper> and  some need a shove Fields and H n N and even Milbro Caladonian .The fields are labled 16gr but only 5.5 no mention of 5.51 or 5.52 but are a tight snug fit .But it is an old tin i was given so free is the best  price imho .

Trial and error ,go on ebay <boo hiss ,grr i know> and buy a few trial packs and see how you fare .Everyone has a favourite pellet but all rifles are different so knock a few beers cans down,punch some paper and see how it goes atb 

https://www.uttings.co.uk/p103503-air-arms-field-22-5-52-pellets-x-500-aido5-52/

That's what I can't understand? On the tin 5.5,but on order selection to the right of pic,says 5.52